|Have you tried OracleappsHub in ipad/iphone/smart Phone? Don't wait. try it today|
Oracle Workflow routes information to various users based on certain rules.
- Tracks the responses from the users and takes actions accordingly.
- Enables people to receive E-Mail notifications ·
- Allows incorporation of custom packages and procedures ·
- E-Mail integration of choice.
- Internet enabled workflow allows you to view Workflow notifications through any Internet browser.
- One can also monitor the processes through a browser..
The are key Oracle Workflow components are:
- Workflow Builder : Work Flow builder is a Graphical interface to create and modify a business process with simple drag and drop operations. It has two components - Navigator Window and Process Window . A workflow builder would be used by a person to design and modify a workflow. It is more of a designer's tool rather than an end-user's tool.
- Workflow Definitions Loader : The Workflow Definitions Loader is a utility program that moves workflow definitions between database and corresponding flat file representations. It allows opening and saving workflow definitions in both a database and file.
- Workflow Engine : The Workflow Engine embedded in the Oracle server monitors workflow states and coordinates the routing of activities for a process. Changes in workflow state, such as the completion of workflow activities, are signaled to the engine via a PL/SQL API or a Java API. Based on flexibly-defined workflow rules, the engine determines which activities are eligible to run, and then runs them. The Workflow Engine supports sophisticated workflow rules, including looping, branching, parallel flows, and sub-flows.
- Notification System : Each notification includes a message that contains all the information a user needs to make a decision.
- Workflow Monitor : The Workflow Monitor displays an annotated view of the process diagram for a particular instance of a workflow process. Users can get a graphical depiction of their work item status. It also displays a separate status summary for the work item, the process, and each activity in the process.