- Financial Analyzer
- Report Manager 
- Summary Accounts online drill down
- Third Party tools like GL WAND  where you can run the report or multiple report through Excel and drill down, which will show both sides of the journal.
R12 "Drilldown" Vanilla Functionality
With this feature business user allowed to drill into report values using the Account Analysis and Drilldown feature once the FSG output is generated. This is exactly the same as available from the applications using the Account Inquiry form.
If drilldown from the report is required, the underline template should be drill-enabled while uploading to the server. What you need to do you can use template builder and enable this feature which comes within box.
Those who are still on R11i can achieve drilldown feature only if you having FRM.H plus Patch 5377946. You can find my details under report manager availability section in this pots.
Power of Report Manager
This is Framework in EBS for web based reporting of financial data generated by mostly Financial Statement Generator (FSG ). You can submit and publish the following types of reports: FSG Reports, Ad Hoc FSG Reports, Standard Reports, and RX-Only Reports.
Therefore this tool coupled with end user for e-reporting need directly with the self service pages. Additionally report manager can provide you :
- Reporting need into multiple formats(Excel, PDF, html)
- You can manage from central secured report repository
- These are supported based out of MS-Word & MS-Excel based templates, which is one productive office tool used for finance department.
- You can customize the look and feel of report output
- Distribution based on expansion values and time frames
- Facilitates data comparison and trend detection
- Preview reports prior to mass distribution
Take a note :
- Report Manager is the reporting processes and Web ADI is the data loading processes.
- Report Manager is included in the ATG R12 Product Family Pack Patch.
Report Manager Architecture
Report Manager have other key components like:
FSG Template Editor
Security Workbench : For both Flex field value as well as user to value security
Flex field Value Security
Users to Value Security
What can you see from above diagram is reports are published to a file system on the middle tier. Therefore you can choose to make your report available from the personal home page at the same time as you publish the report, or alternatively you can create a form function at a later stage to make the report accessible to users.
You can also apply some control if required When publishing reports by:
Use Expansion Values and Time frames to group reports together
Use Security to control which users can see a Published Report
Select a date and time to make your published Report available for viewing
Select Reviewers for the Report
4 Step for Report Submission, Publishing & Presentation Process
This is 4 step process where similar to WEBADI template creation.
1.First step where you need to select your Report Name and enter all of your Report parameters on the Submission Parameters page.
Once you have selected your Report, the page will be refreshed to display the parameters defined for your report. Additionally, you can choose to schedule your report to be submitted at a particular date and time.
2.Next is you need to select your publishing parameters:
Three things are more important to understand:
- Select a Template to format your report - you can use either FSG based template OR FOR Standard Report you need to define using any text editor. your xml Publisher provides an RTF text editor which can be used to create your template, however any text editor will work so long as the templates are XSL-FO compliant.
- Select a Time frame - this is way to publish more than one version of the same report. In case of multiple version , each of these versions is published to the same location, end users will have a Time frame drop down box that will allow them to choose the version they want to view.
- Select your Auto Archive Feature -This is feature where you can pick a date and time for the report to be automatically archived.
3.The third step in the process is the Storage Location page where you must enter a name for your report and select a location in the Report Manager Repository to store your report.
4.The fourth step in the process is the Presentation page.
You need to locate your final location where you want to see the report. You cannot view the reports until you make the Report available via their personal home page.
What is additional supported feature you get in R12.
- You can get combination of Page Expand & Page Total
- You can display of data for Expansion values in separate worksheets
- Expansion values filtered by user to value security
- Support for Seeded(Generic FSG) and Custom report templates that mean using this feature, you can publish reports that can be drillable on accounts to their sub ledger and journal level
License Requirement for Oracle report manager
This come as part of the general license agreement for the oracle e-business application.You need to enable this from the License manager from your Oracle Applications Manager.
Note for 11i user
There have been significant improvements related to Report Submission, Publishing & Presentation since the 11.5.10 release. There is no longer any client-side installation as the client/server product, Request Center, that was required for submission and publishing by earlier versions of Report Manager, is no longer used. Reports can now be submitted and published using a new HTML user interface.
Report Manager Availability
Report Manager is available from 11.5.2 onwards.
The latest version for 11i is 11.5.10 with ATG RUP 5 & 6.
For Release 11i, the FRM patch set needs to be applied.
The latest patch set is FRM.H delivered through Patch 4206794.
This needs to be applied over and above the FRM.G delivered through Patch 3761838.
FRM.G is not optional and both these patches need to be applied and that too in the alphabetic sequence.
From Release 12, Report Manager comes pre-installed with the Oracle Applications Auto-Install . There are no pre-requisite patch sets to be applied. The latest patch set for R12 is FRM.A for RUP 5.
You can checkout Metalink note 726958.1  for latest patches.
Changing Lane : 11i ->R12
If you are upgrading to R12, there is concurrent program called “Data Migration Program”, which migrates all your old reports.
This Program will also updates menu entries created by previous Report Manager versions, and migrates User to Value security created by previous versions.
This feature offers a complete migration tool for users running the earlier versions of Report Manager.
Migrate your reports that were published to the database with Request Center to the new Repository.
FYI...If you have added a value set to your user to value security in both a previous version of Report Manager and in this R12 version of Report Manager, the migration tool will not migrate the old user to value security for that value set.