Oracle Supplier Data Hub is part of a full suite of Master Data Management (MDM) tools unifies and shares critical information about an organization's supply base. It does this by enabling customers to centralize all supplier information from heterogeneous systems and thus creates a single view of supplier information that can be leveraged across all functional departments.
Oracle Supplier Hub feature :
Oracle Supplier Hub can be broadly categorize into five major coverage area as per fig 1.
- Consolidate - Data Import Management, Source System , Cross Reference
- Cleanse - Matching, D & B Data Enrichment
- Various Functionality Coverage are
- Supplier Registration DQM and D&B
- Supplier attribute classification
- Merge, validate duplicates. Similar supplier names are checked.
- Integrated with D&B out of box. Import data in real-time or batch mode
- Various Functionality Coverage are
- Master - Supplier Classification & Relationship
- Share - Publication and Synchronization, Web Services, Security. This is also called as called OSN Integration.
- Govern -Classification Management, Hierarchy Management and Task Management
Typically data administrator functionalities are available from Supplier Data Librarian Super User application responsibility where the data librarian functionalities are available from Supplier Data Librarian application responsibility.
Take a note profile option POS:SM: Supplier Data Hub Configuration with a value Standalone at site level if you are deploying Supplier Hub as a centralized standalone MDM solution OR configure the profile option with a value Integrated EBS if you are deploying Supplier Hub as an Add-on for E-Business Suite to an existing EBS R12.1 application Installation after you purchase the application licenses.
From R12.1.2 to R12.1.3
Oracle Supplier Hub was first added in EBS in R12.1.2. With recent version 12.1.3, there is slight enhancements as below:
- Tasks and Notes , Contact points and Party Relationship
- Bulk Import & Spreadsheet Import
- Smart Search , Enable party as supplier , Supplier Creation De-duplication
- Supplier Data Publications and supplier Profile Report
Supplier Hub and TCA
Oracle Supplier Hub is built on top of Oracle Trading Community Architecture (TCA) of Oracle E-Business suite and leverage TCA implementations features like Data Quality, Batch Management, Source System Management, Adapters, Classifications, Relationships/Hierarchies, Tasks/Notes (available via Customer Data Hub (CDH)).
If you refer back to TCA and CDH documentations for the various profile options and implementations that are applicable at the party level for the functionalities exposed from Supplier Hub navigations.
You can take advantage of TCA DQM APIs to identify the potential duplicate Supplier parties in Supplier Master.
Customers can implement and use Supplier Lifecycle Management (SLM) to streamline the supplier relationship management processes through the trading lifecycle.
Supplier HUB Data requires a separate license. Those who already using isupplier can requires a separate license
It is a new module introduced in Oracle Applications release 12.1.2, and it allows integration with other systems besides Oracle Applications.
Option 1: Oracle Supplier Life cycle Management can be deployed on an existing E-Business suite R12.1 application instance.
Oracle Supplier Hub Add-on for E-Business Suite which has the same features that of Oracle Supplier Hub can be deployed on an existing E-Business suite R12.1 application instance.
Option 2: Customers who want to deploy a standalone Supplier master data management system can implement Oracle Supplier Hub using Oracle E-Business suite R12.1 platform. They can implement Oracle Supplier Life cycle Management along with Oracle Supplier Hub or as a standalone E-Business Suite application like any other E-Business Suite application in a new instance.