In E-Business Suite R12, Oracle provided a powerful new feature,Oracle E-Business Tax, that unifies the management of sales, use, and value-added taxes.
Do you know eBTax Can be implemented in 2 modes with there major differences ?
eBTax native mode
- The eBTax engine itself determines, calculates and records tax
- Requires manual creation and maintenance of rules
- Rates are provided by a 3rd party
- Robust engine but must be configured from scratch
- You need to keep checking for rate/rule changes
eBTax external tax engine mode
- The eBTax engine calls an external tax engine
- External tax engine is used to configure very comprehensive tax rules
- Provides signature-ready return in local language and electronic filings