MOAC allows users of a single responsibility to perform task in multiple operating units without having to switch responsibilities.Out of Box functionality of MOAC, there is something called "Multi-Org Preferences".
What is "Multi-Org Preferences"?
Multi-Org Preferences allows you to control the list of operating units to which you have access.
Lets say you have around 20 OU's divided into three major Region (North America, Europe and APAC). Lets say within APAC region you are responsible for all 7 OU's within Region.
In this situation, a system administrator may create a security profile that has 7 operating units assigned to it and assign it to your responsibility. But, you may only deal with five of the operating units on a daily basis and do not want work space cluttered with extraneous operating units. You could set up Multi-Org preferences to restrict the list of operating units; you have complete control over this and can change it at anytime. In addition, you can specify a default operating unit.
You can get mainly three major benefits:
- Multi-Org Preferences allows you to be more efficient by allowing you to set up your own preferences and optimize your setup based on how you work.
- This means faster data entry and cost reduction.
- You can eliminate to role of System Administrators as you can control your own access.
MOAC Preferences" Setup
Most of the R12 Oracle products have added the Preferences user interface to their respective responsibility menus from where you can select preferred operating units which represent a subset of operating units assigned to your responsibility security profile. You can also set a default operating unit.
If your responsibility does not have submenu for display Preferences, you need to contact your system administrator to adding the function(FNDMOPREFS) to your menu definition.Once this function is attached with your responsibility you can manage and do the setup for preferences.
Here is one demo for setting up of Preference based out of Payable sub ledger. Lets say you have 2 OU's Vision USA and UK. The first step would be log into Payable responsibility and then navigate
Responsibility: Payables, Vision Operations
Next you need to Navigation
Setup > Options > User Operating Unit Preferences(as mention in above figure)
The new SSPage will appears
What you can see based out of above screen ,Multi-Org Preferences page consist of:
- Header Region
The header displays: the user name that you are logged in as is displayed, the responsibility name, and the Security Profile that you are currently assigned to as defined by the MO: Security Profile profile option.
- Default OU Region The Default Operating Unit region is where you select a default OU. The List of values displays all operating units assigned to your security profile.
- Preferred Operating Units This is bottom part of the page called 'Preferred Operating Units' where you can select the subset of operating units you want to work with.
- MOAC : From Multi-Orgâ€¦.To Multi-Access 
- MOAC : Technical Insight 
- MOAC :"Multi-Org Preferences"