Oracle iProcurement enables internal corporate requesters to independently order items from both local (internal) and remote (external) catalogs. It is the starting point for the ordering process and provides powerful self-service requisitioning capability with an intuitive, Web shopping interface.
It is a key component of Oracle Advanced Procurement, the integrated suite that dramatically cuts all supply management costs.
In an efficient and automated manner, Oracle iProcurement:
- Constitutes a key component of the procure-to-pay business flow.
- Helps an enterprise process and manage requisitions.
- Helps an enterprise process and manage receipt of the requested goods or services.
As a part of Oracle Advanced Procurement, iProcurement
- Delivers measurable savings
- Reduced maverick spend
- Greatly simplified process for purchasing goods and services
- Requesters can quickly purchase the items they need with an easy to use interface that provides all the information they require to make purchases while directing them to preferred vendors and pricing
- For purchasing managers iProcurement provides powerful tools for managing catalogs in real time, stores and content zones
If you are planning to implement this application, here are the Core features & functionality of this application, boardly divided under these heads.
- This Provides flexible solution to catalog and content management
- Punchout / transparent Punchout feature will establish direct link to supplier’s web store to access their catalogs
- This stores and provide a way for requesters to shop among a variety of catalog types and sources.
- This provides a category and descriptor Management (Such as supplier and Price)
- This also control on requester’s access based on categories, catalog sources and operating unit
- Configure stores to include any combination of local catalogs, punchout catalogs, informational catalogs, and transparent punchout catalogs.
- Administrators can control which catalogs and stores are available to different classes of requesters.
- Powerful search Capability
- Shopping list- Create own favorite shopping list of frequently ordered items. Create public list that can be access by all requestor
- Saved shopping carts- Create n number of shopping carts in progress.
- Non Catalog request – Request for items and services which are not in catalog
- Automatic document creation- Supplier PO contracts and quotation generate PO and releases accordingly without buyer’s intervention.
- Center Led Procurement- Create global contract agreement and use it for all organization.
- Provide options to stock delivery option like multiple destination types, delivered at one time addresses location.
- This also integrated with Enterprise asset management
- You can manage multiple account distribution and account generation workflow rules.
- This is integrated with Oracle projects and Oracle Grants enables requesters to optionally reference projects, tasks, and award information about shopping cart order lines.
- Encumbrance support lets user view funds online before submitting requisition.
- Notes and attachments
- This Provide additional information to approvers, buyers, suppliers, and receivers by attaching text, URLs, and other file types to the requisition.
- Approval and workflow setup determines the approver list for each requisition. During checkout, the requester can add approvers and change the first approver in the approver list. You can also customize it to meet your business needs.
From their desktop, a requesters can receive internally and externally sourced items or the entire requisition.
View supplier advanced shipment notices (ASNs) as well as internal shipments
Workflow-driven receipt confirmation mechanism that proactively sends a notification to requesters to confirm receipt on the due date.
5.Requisition Tracking & Management
- This enables you to track the status of all the requisitions and also Procure to Pay life cycle
- This will keep real time notification keeps you up-to-date
If your compnay or Procurement dept looking option to simplify and automate company’s flow of ordering for Services,Refill for inventory,CIP , Opex, Capex Purchasing then this application will drastically reduce employee and bookkeeper time spent in procurement process.