..why integration is important ..
Integration is an extremely important part to ERP's. ERP's main goal is to integrate data and processes from all areas of an organization and unify it for easy access and work flow. ERP's usually accomplish integration by creating one single database that employs multiple modules providing different areas of an organization with various business functions.
Oracle Purchasing Integration
Oracle Purchasing works in conjunction with other Oracle Applications to share information.
- Oracle EDI Gateway: Electronic Data Interchange
- Oracle Inventory: Items, demand, receipts
- Oracle Master Scheduling/MRP: Demand
- Oracle Order Management: Internal requisition
- Oracle Work in Process: Outside processing
- Oracle Human Resources: Employees
- Oracle Project Manufacturing: Project Details
- Oracle Quality: Quality Details
- Oracle Payables: Invoice Matching
- Oracle General Ledger :Journal Entries, Set of Books
- Oracle Supplier Scheduling: Approved Supplier List (ASL)
- Oracle Assets: Asset Details
- Oracle Bill of Material: Resources
- Oracle Cost Management :Pricing
When Oracle Inventory, Oracle Master Scheduling/MRP, and Oracle Purchasing are used in conjunction, they share supply information. The following information is shared:
- Open purchase orders.
- Open releases.
By using Oracle Project Manufacturing and oracle Purchasing, you can now specify project sand tasks for your requisition and purchasing transactions. Specifically, you can specify projects and tasks for the Inventory and Shop Floor destination types.
By using Oracle Workflow and Oracle Purchasing, you can automate the approval and document creation processes by using predefined Workflow processes.