Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud Service (PBCS) is a subscription-based, planning and budgeting solution built for, and deployed on Oracle’s Cloud platform .
This was first EPM application available in the Cloud .
It delivers instant value and greater productivity for business planners, analysts, modelers and decision makers across all lines of business of an enterprise. Users interact through a Web 2.0 or Microsoft Office interface to model, plan, and report.
Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud Service is built to scale and perform using industry-standard Oracle Cloud infrastructure and is architecturally proven to solve simple to complex requirements and use cases across multiple industries.
Customers are paying for one service per month, not for multiple products. So, we don’t need to call out Essbase, Calc Mgr, Financial Reporting, etc.
Its functionality mirrors the latest functional feature set of Hyperion Planning on-premises and delivers those features in a Cloud friendly fashion, but still you can
All the infrastructure, reporting, and data management components to use Hyperion Planning are included as part of the Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud Service. This includes the powerful web based and MS Office based capabilities.
Currently product have limitaion for additional Planning content (i.e., Workforce Planning, Capital Asset Planning, Project Financial Planning) thats is planned in furure releases.
PBCS INTEGRATE WITH OTHER SYSTEMS
- Data and metadata can be integrated into Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud Service using its data management capabilities (also known as Financial Data Management/FDMEE by Hyperion customers) which provides drill through capabilities for various sources like EBS, SAP, Peoplesoft and JD Edwards.
- Integration is enabled using flat files, and the data load process can be automated.
- Moreover , PBCS integrate with BI repositories like OBIEE (BIFS).
- PBCS has a data export feature which can be used to export the data into any external BI repository.
- This export process can be automated to generate periodic outflows
- Multi-dimensional / multi-user planning with a powerful business rules engine
- Flexible workflow and plan management capabilities
- Comprehensive Microsoft Office integration
- Easy to use web interface
- Seamless creation of reports and dashboards
- Proven and scalable architecture
- Robust integration with ERP systems and other sources
- Full set of administrative tools for application management
- Cloud-based deployment model with subscription-based pricing
- Deploy quickly with no internal IT hardware or software requirements
- Reduce budgeting and planning cycles by weeks or months
- Improve forecast accuracy
- Appeal to a wider user community through an intuitive web user interface
- Leverage existing user competencies with Microsoft Office integration
- Integrate planning and management reporting seamlessly
- Reduce cost of ownership through superior application deployment, management tools and packaged data integration
OPTIONS FOR EXISTING CUSTOMER
Existing customers on Hyperion Planning on and above 188.8.131.52 can migrate to the initial R13.2 release of PBCS, which is an offshoot of the current Hyperion Planning R184.108.40.206 on-premise offering. Customers will use their Lifecycle Management capabilities within on-premise applications to export their current R220.127.116.11
application and then import them into PBCS R13.2.
But , if you have release older than R18.104.22.168 they will need to upgrade on premise to R22.214.171.124 and then migrate from there onto PBCS.
- PBCS is a new subscription based product offering .List Price start with $120 per user per month (min of 10 users) for all customers with a 12 month minimum subscription.
- If you are using UPK , then this will be included within PBCS subscription offering.
- Full Use Essbase - PBCS comes included with reporting and archival cube building capability. Native Essbase is not available as a Cloud Service now
FEATURES ARE DIFFERENT BETWEEN 'ON PREMISE' PLANNING AND 'PBCS'
Here are quick comprasion of features avaiable in two senarios.
Planning and Budgeting Cloud Service(PBCS)
EPM Architect (EPMA)
Can be used for Planning
PBCS does not use EPMA
Financial Data Management
Enterprise Edition (FDM EE)
Drill back capability available
Drill back capability available to all sources supported by FDM through flat files using the Data Management features within PBCS.
Data Relationship Management(DRM)
Supported through flat files and
Supported through flat files and automation to PBCS
ASO is part of Hyperion
Planning and needs to be
ASO is part of PBCS application and included in the pricing.
Financial Reports is part of
Hyperion Planning license
Financial Reports is part of PBCS subscription.
Smart View for Office is part of
Hyperion Planning license
Smart View for Office is included in PBCS subscription
Oracle Data Integration, flat
files, and Excel extracts
Flat files, and Excel extracts