Oracle Support provides Maintenance Wizard is a free Tool(Mostly used by DBA) that guide you through the upgrade of Oracle Applications technology stack and products from Release 11i versions to Release 12. Some of the important high point for Maintenance Wizard in Oracle EBS are:
- Maintenance Wizard is a self-service tool that guides customers in a methodical and repeatable way through the upgrade process.
- Presents a consolidated, personalized set of instructions in a step-by-step format
- Validation of important activities
- Maintains log and status information for all tasks
- Downloads, merges, and installs many required patches automatically
- It is provided FREE for Oracle Applications customers who have a standard Product Services contract with Oracle.
- Maintenance Wizard is supported the same way as any other Oracle product
- This was formerly Known as Upgrade Assistant
- This also provides project management utilities to record the time taken for each task and completion status
Maintenance Wizard helps you to reduce upgrade tasks by dynamically filtering the necessary steps based on criteria it obtains from your Applications environment. The resulting report is a set of step-by-step instructions of exactly what you need to do to complete your specific upgrade, including any critical patches that your system may require. It can also automatically execute many of the tasks for you, so as to reduce the possibility of errors or accidental omission of vital tasks
Post for your Interest on subject Line
- Note 215527.1 - 'Maintenance Wizard Overview'
- Note.251253.1 Ext/Pub Maintenance Wizard FAQ
- Note.248708.1 Int/Pub Authoring Wizard Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) and Known Issues
- Note.741129.1 Ext/Pub How to Use Patch Wizard Without Setting up Internet Connection