In order to gain visibility into the Complete Procure-to-Pay Process, implementing Oracle Procurement & Spend Analytics, part of the Oracle BI Applications product line is not a bad idea, this enables companies to optimize supply side performance by integrating data from across the enterprise value chain—enabling executives, managers, and frontline employees to make more informed decisions.
Oracle Procurement and Spend Analytics allows companies to more effectively manage their expenditures and improve business performance by
- Providing timely direct and indirect spending data to all departments
- Enhance Insight into Supplier Performance—you can monitor price, delivery, and product quality to determine best - and worst - performing suppliers. Improve contract usage and compliance.
- Identifying cost savings across business units, geographic locations, products, and procurement organizations
- Improving performance by identifying suppliers that price inconsistently or do not adhere to price schedules
Control Employee Spend —Understand how the money related to travel and expenses is being spent by gaining a complete picture of Employee Expenses
With complete, end-to-end insight into spend patterns and supplier performance, organizations can significantly reduce costs, enhance profitability, increase customer satisfaction, and gain competitive advantage.
If you are planning to implement , the latest version you can get is 7.9.6 is which is enhanced version over previous versions.
- It contain 4 Dashboards ( that makes 23 dashboard page, 234 reports, 335 metrics) as below;
- Spend Analyzer Dashboard (New) -The Spend Analyzer Dashboard provides complete insight to the spend patterns of the company that helps to systematically identify opportunities for cost-savings, and execute sourcing programs to improve procurement's contribution to organizational objectives.This is to create visibility to spending patterns for both direct and indirect spend, enabling users to identify and realize the savings opportunities, with the ability to do the spend analysis by commodities, suppliers, supplier locations, buying locations, business units, cost centers, buyers and contract usage.
- Employee Expenses Dashboard (New)-These dashboard help to understand how the money related to travel and expenses is being spent through creation of a complete picture of Employee Expenses, including approval cycle times, expenses by expense type, and expense report status
- Procurement Dashboard Enhancements :This provides visibility necessary to monitor and optimize Procurement effectiveness on a continual basis to identify bottlenecks and take proactive and corrective actions to minimize impact. Example analyses include tracking unprocessed and unfulfilled requisitions or monitoring PO input ratios.
- Supplier Performance Enhancements :This enables organizations to have a complete picture of the performance of their suppliers, including complete supplier scorecards, supplier price performance, delivery performance, product receipt quality, on-time payment ratings, payment activity and volume and payments due / overdue analysis.
- New reports and metrics for Spend Analysis,Procurement efficiency, and Expenses.
- It has enhanced Invoiced Spend, Contracts Compliance and Price variance and Optimization Analysis
- It Support UN-SPSC
- Adapters for 11i.8, 9, 10, 12, and 12.1
Oracle Procurement and Spend Analytics comprises the following:
- Oracle Procurement and Spend Analytics
- Oracle Supplier Performance Analytics
Oracle Procurement and Spend Analytics Module
This Provide a complete visibility into direct and indirect spend across the enterprise, payment, and employee expenses.The Oracle Procurement and Spend Analytics application is comprised of these subject areas:
- Total Spend: This is a summary subject area that provides the ability to do comparative analysis and report on requested spend, committed spend and actual spend across suppliers, company, products, commodities and associated hierarchies for both direct and indirect spend in detail to allow complete visibility of spending across your company.
- Purchase Orders: Mostly deal with committed spend, and Purchase orders of the suppliers of an organization across suppliers, company, products, commodities and associated hierarchies at purchase order line level
- Purchase Order Costs: This mostly deals with committed spend and Purchase orders of the suppliers of an organization across suppliers, company, products, and commodities and associated hierarchies at cost center (distribution line) level.
- Purchase Cycle Lines: Mostly used to report cycle time performance such as Requisition to PO lead time, PO to Receipt lead time, P2P lead time of the Suppliers within company.
- Purchase Schedules: Mostly deal with order shipments of an organization across suppliers, company, products, commodities and associated hierarchies at purchase schedule line level
- Purchase Requisitions:Mostly deal with spend and PR's of the suppliers of an organization across suppliers, company, products, commodities and associated hierarchies at purchase requisition line level
- Purchase Requisition Status: This is based out of requisition status along the approval cycle of Purchase requisitions of the suppliers of an organization. It's populated only by Universal adapter.
- Purchase Receipts: This is a detailed subject area that provides the ability to report on actual spend and Purchase Receipts
- Employee Spend: This is a detailed subject area that provides the ability to report on employee spend of an organization across employees, company, cost center and associated hierarchies.
Supplier Performance Analytics Module
This helps companies to get complete picture of the performance of their suppliers, including complete supplier scorecards, procurement cycle times, supplier price performance, delivery performance, product receipt quality, on-time payment ratings, payment activity and volume and payments due / overdue analysis.
The Supplier Performance Analytics application is comprised of these subject areas:
- Supplier Performance. The Suppliers functional area contains targeted reports and metrics that allow you to analyze the timeliness, reliability, cost, and quality of goods provided by your suppliers.
- Supplier AP Transactions: This is a summary subject area that provides the ability to analyze payment performance and payment due analysis of the suppliers of an organization across suppliers, company, location, products, commodities and associated hierarchies.