|Have you tried OracleappsHub in ipad/iphone/smart Phone? Don't wait. try it today|
OM is one of the most complex modules in EBS, and in typical complex business model, the integration of other product or third party can't be denied. Processing an Order requires integration with many other business areas. Most integration points with other Oracle products are implemented via PL/SQL-based APIs.Here is brief discussion for Order Management EBS Integration points.
How Order Management integrated with iStore?
OM records customer orders placed via iStore, Order Capture and other CRM applications. It validates setup for shipping and payment options along with providing order status and the shipping information to customers. Once the quote is converted into an order, you can only make changes to the order through Order Management, prior to booking.
How Order Management integrated with Telesales?
Telesales' eBusiness Center has several integrations with Order Management. There is an Order tab to view order history and create new orders.
How Order Management integrated with Cost Management?
OM call the the Cost Management CST_COST_API to obtain cost from cst_item_costs or cst_quantity_layers when the Gross Margin feature of OM is enabled.
How Order Management integrated with Field Service?
Field Service Report requires specifically that you setup Price Lists, Units of Measure (UOM), and two Inventory Item Attributes in Order Management. Price Lists contain the list price for an item. Items could be material, but also labor and expenses like units of driving distance. Once material, expense and labor transactions for a task have been taken down on the Field Service Debrief, this information is updated to Charges. In Charges the list price for the item is received from Order Management and is used to generate an invoice for a customer.
How Order Management integrated with Depot Repair?
This is used by Depot Repair to create RMA and Sales Orders, validate customer accounts, and invoice customers for repairs.
How Order Management integrated with Install Base?
Information about Install Base trackable items is interfaced to Install Base in the following ways:
- Shippable Items: For both orders and returns, information is interfaced to Install Base via Inventory Interface.
- Non-Shippable Items: For both order and returns, information is interfaced to Install Base via the Order Management Fulfillment workflow activity Install Base also supports Internal Sales Order transactions by appropriately creating /updating item instances as a result of transactions between internal organizations such as pick transactions, shipments, and receipts.
How Order Management integrated with Service Contracts?
Service Contracts need to pulls information from the Install Base newly created customer records and creates an ownership record.
- Warranty: A Warranty contract is created when a Serviceable product is shipped.
- Extended Warranty: An Extended Warranty contract is created when an Extended Warranty is sold on a sales order. Oracle EAM & OM integration
- Subscription: Fulfillment starts after the contract approval process.
- RMA: Service Contracts sends Order Management RMA information
How Order Management integrated with Advanced Planning System/Global Order Promising/ ASCP?
Order Management uses Advanced Supply Chain Planning's Global Order Promising functionality to check the availability of ordered items and to schedule order lines.Scheduled Order Lines are viewed as demand by the Advanced Planning System.
How Order Management integrated with Purchasing?
Order Management integrates with Oracle Purchasing in the following functional areas:
- Return Receipts: Order Management uses the Oracle Purchasing Receipt functionality to handle Return receipts. When an item is received, Purchasing calls Order Management to indicate delivery and to get COGS information.
- Internal Orders: Oracle Purchasing uses Order Import to create internal orders.
- Drop-Ship Orders: Order Management integrates with Purchasing to fulfill drop-ship orders. It populates the PO requisitions interface table with information for order lines that need to be fulfilled via an external source.
How Order Management integrated with Bills of Material ?
This is integrated with BOM when models and kits are entered on sales orders.Normally OM uses the Bill of Material defined for the model or kit or explode the model into its components, for the purpose of the user selecting options and for shipping purposes.
How Order Management integrated with Workflow ?
Oracle Workflow is heavily used in EBS and specially to manage Order and Line processing. These PL/SQL based Workflow is a natural replacement for Order Cycles functionality. It provides a Graphical User Interfaces for defining activities, notifications, flows and viewing flow status.
How Order Management integrated with Advanced Pricing ?
OM is tightly integrated with Advance Pricing which includes price lists, modifiers, and agreements. Order Management, through its Sales Agreement functionality, creates price lists and pushes them into the Advanced Pricing tables. Order Management calls the Pricing Engine to make pricing requests during the processing of orders, and receives pricing information back from Advanced Pricing.
How Order Management integrated with Configurator ?
Order Management integrates with Oracle Configurator to support ordering and validation of configurations. The Configurator window is a Java Applet that can be launched from the Sales Order form.
How Order Management integrated with Oracle Payment ?
As we know Oracle payment is new product and OM accepts Credit Card information when entered on orders. It integrates with Oracle Payment to validate this information and get Credit Card authorizations. This information is then interfaced to Receivables.
How Order Management integrated with Receivables ?
Order Management integrates with Oracle Receivables in the following function areas:
- Invoice Interface: Order Management sends invoices and credit memos to Receivables via the Invoice Interface workflow activity. The seeded Invoice Interface - Line workflow sub-process populates the Receivables interface table.
- Receipts: Order Management calls Receivables' Receipt API to create receipts for prepaid credit card orders. Order Management receives a payment-set id from AR when the receipt is created, and then passes that id back to AR in the autoinvoice tables at invoicing time so that the invoice can be matched to the receipt.
- Tax: Order Management calls the Global Tax Engine APIs to default the Tax Code (ARP_TAX.GET_DEFAULT_TAX_CODE) and to calculate estimated tax (ARP_PROCESS_TAX.SUMMARY) for the order Line. The estimated tax value is now stored on the line and re-calculated only when any of the attributes affecting tax change. Information about the tax value is also stored as Line Price Adjustments.
- Credit Management: If the Credit Management product is installed, notifications are sent to it by Order Management when an order or line goes on credit hold, to initiate a credit review. If the credit review results in a decision to approve the order, a business event is posted which OM subscribes to and then releases the credit hold.
How Order Management integrated with Payables ?
OM accesses the AP Bank Accounts table to populate the Credit Card LOV when an order is being entered with a payment type of Credit Card. Additionally, if a new credit card number is entered and the authorization of that card through iPayment is successful, Order Management calls an AR API to create a new bank account record for the customer in the Bank Accounts table.
How Order Management integrated with Inventory Management ?
- Order Management integrates with Oracle Inventory Management through Managing Reservations.
- You can create reservations to on-hand quantities from the Sales Orders form.
How Order Management integrated with Trade Management ?
Order Management can receive RMA orders and lines from Oracle Trade Management as part of its dispute handling functionality.