High Volume Order Import aka (HVOP) is a yet another alternate option for processing of huge volume of orders.
HVOP is designed for large order volumes (between thirty-thousand and one million order lines per day), with a limited load window, using limited hardware resources.Benchmark study says, HVOP achieves a 2 to 4 –fold improvement relative to standard Order Import .
If you have relatively large volumes say 100,000+ lines per day or more, probabally you need to consider HVOP, else if you shorter window like importing 5000 lines per CPU in an hour, then this also a good options.
For Order Management HVOP order import, no special setup is required.
Before opting for this over Order import check it out what is supported and what not and see what functions are a real fit.
- Common pricing features
- Item Cross References
- Shippable/ non-shippable flows
- Credit Checking
- Add Customers
- Advanced pricing features (modifiers)
- Audit Trail
- Updates / Deletes
- Importing Closed Orders
- iPayment Integration and credit card orders
If you really looking options you can use the HVOP Questionnaire on Oracle Metalink to determine if HVOP will work for you or not. Good luck !
- Drop Shipment’, ‘BackOrders’ and ‘Back to Back Order 
- Understand “Drop Shipment” in Order Management? 
- Understand “Drop Shipment” in Order Management? -Part II 
- Understanding data flow for “Standard Order” 
- What is In “Order Import”