|Have you tried OracleappsHub in ipad/iphone/smart Phone? Don't wait. try it today|
A reader asked a very good question, how OUM differ from AIM in term of deliverable ? Considering the fact of Implementation project phases how and what is percentage you can consider as per OUM curves?
If you already practiced AIM's methodology you will not find a very big difference, majority of task and deliverable remain same, but they reclassified under different Process. Lets take a quick look, if you take first on Phases then AIM was based out of 6 phases where as OUM only 5.
When you compare the process ,12 Processes was mentioned in AIM , where as 14 process is documented in OUM (Implement Focus) as per list and figure below.
AIM - 12 Process
|OUM (Implement Focus) - 14 Process|
Coming to second part of his question, here is Breakup of Activity in typical Implementation Project
Next post will see the different documents and will do a key mapping with AIM's deliverable.
- Oracle Unified Method (OUM)
- Oracle Unified Method (OUM) : Manage – Part -II
- Oracle Unified Method (OUM) :Envision – Part -III
- Retirement of Oracle AIM & AIM for Business Flows
- What is Oracle’s Application Implementation Methodology (AIM)
- Oracle’s Application Implementation Methodology (AIM) : Part – II