|Have you tried OracleappsHub in ipad/iphone/smart Phone? Don't wait. try it today|
Oracle Enterprise Asset Management is part of the Oracle E-Business suite, and directly integrates with Oracle Manufacturing, Oracle Purchasing, Oracle Property Management,Oracle Quality, Oracle Inventory, Oracle Human Resources, Oracle Financials, Oracle Fixed Assets, and Oracle Projects.
A well-planned maintenance environment depends on the ability of key personnel to view available inventory items, equipment, and skilled personnel. Because eAM is an enterprise solution, you can view the resource availability for assets that are used by operations and
coordinate maintenance work to minimize operation disruption. You can refer to fig 1 for information flow .
For Best usage of EAM , these products must be required & installed:
- Oracle Inventory
- Oracle Bills of Material
- Oracle Human Resources
- Oracle Cost Management
- Oracle Manufacturing Scheduling
- Oracle Quality
- Oracle Work In Process
Where as these are optional Products, which are not required;however, they are useful in the overall robust eAM solution:
- Oracle Master Scheduling/MRP
- Oracle Property Management
- Oracle Financials
- Oracle Fixed Assets
- Oracle iProcurement
- Oracle Projects
- Oracle Project Manufacturing
- Oracle Purchasing
- Oracle Order Management
- Oracle Time and Labor
E-Business Suite Integration and Information Flow
Oracle eAM brings the functionality, look and feel of traditional best-of-breed CMMS systems to ERP.
Oracle eAM seamlessly integrates with other Oracle Supply Chain and Financial applications such as: Inventory, Bills of Materials, Work in Progress, Quality, Cost Management, Project Manufacturing, Fixed Assets, Property Management, Manufacturing Scheduling, MPS/MRP, and core Human Resources (as shared install) for employee definition and skill search. This unique integration to extensive enterprise applications improves overall organization efficiency and enables comprehensive work management capabilities. Fig 1 will gives EAM Integration options and Information flow. details are follow herewith:
- Fixed Assets For reference, Oracle eAM allows you to associate an asset to a fixed asset defined in Oracle Assets. Using Work Order Cost Capitalization, selected work order charges can be sent to Oracle Assets for additional capitalization.
- iSupplier Portal Integration with Oracle iSupplier Portal provides the capability for Web-based collaboration with suppliers / subcontractors. The accuracy and timing of suppliers' reporting is greatly improved. Through iSupplier, a supplier can report work completion and any required collection data and meter readings.
- iProcurement Oracle eAM integrates with Oracle iProcurement to provide an intuitive, Web-shopping interface to order direct items for maintenance work orders. A powerful search engine and multi-supplier self-guiding catalog capabilities are the trademarks of Oracle iProcurement for item selection.
- Projects -Oracle eAM is integrated with Oracle Projects to provide a complete, seamlessly integrated business solution for maintenance project management. You can specify a project and task for your maintenance work order. Transaction costs are collected and passed to Oracle Projects for subsequent project cost analysis and management.
- Property Manager Oracle eAM integrates with Oracle Property Manager to provide a comprehensive real estate management solution that automates and enhances property definition, space utilization management, and lease administration. Users can link an eAM asset directly to a Property Management location name and code.
- Human Resources (HR) :It depends on how much of HR is being used. Just employees and jobs being used requires shared. EAM comes with a "shared" install of HR. This is a requirement so that the user can select an individual's name (defined in HR) to assign to a work order. However, for training and certification tracking for selecting resources will require full installations
- Service Integration to Oracle Service allows you to log a maintenance service request. This provides the maintenance planner or supervisor with visibility into service requests logged against his / her department’s asset, and can assign work appropriately to them.
- Time and Labor With Oracle Time and Labor (OTL), employees can enter the hours they have worked by work order on a self-service timecard. Once the timecard is submitted, Oracle eAM will charge the time to the work order resource and assigned employee.
- Process Manufacturing Oracle eAM integrates with Oracle Process Manufacturing (OPM) Scheduling to improve the coordination between production scheduling and maintenance scheduling. Scheduled maintenance downtime updates resource availability in the OPM Resource Calendar
- Discrete Manufacturing and Advanced Supply Chain Planning -Oracle eAM streamlines the coordination between production scheduling and maintenance scheduling. The load production downtime process generates equipment resource downtime caused by scheduled maintenance. The downtime is included by production scheduling as a constraint on its scheduling. When a production plan is generated by Oracle Master Scheduling / MRP or Oracle Advanced Supply Chain Planning, equipment resource downtime can also be included as a capacity constraint. In this release, Oracle Shop Floor Management leverages Oracle eAM's operation log data to identify production equipment down time for its production planning and scheduling.
- Installe Base : if you came from 11i background, you might aware there was no integration between EAM and IB in release 11, where in R12 there is a functionality introduced to allow EAM Assets to be trackable.The need for R12 add-on function was to maintain the transactional history of the EAM Asset linked with install base .Therefore integration only done to support
- EAM Asset Tracking
- Grants:Unfortunately, there is no direct integration between EAM and Grants.Typical workaround is to create a Costing Extension .
Hope this helps.