This is the another name for the VAT Audit File mostly used in Europe as per OECD.The Standard Audit File was renamed ‘Standard Audit File for Tax Purposes' ‘SAF-T' to avoid any confusion.
OECD :Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development
There are 30 member countries part of OECD.You can check out the details at www.oecd.org 
Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France,Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Luxembourg, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, the Slovak Republic, Spain, Sweden,Switzerland, Turkey, the United Kingdom and the United States. The European Commission also takes part in the work of the OECD.
Currently OECD have two documents
- Guidance for the Standard Audit File - Tax
- Guidance on Tax Compliance for Developers of Business And Accounting Software for Tax Purposes
Oracle support for SAF-T
If your accounting system is running on 11i10+, then you need to apply the patch 7012852.
This patch is part of European Localization requirement.
Once you apply this patch , system side its install the SAF-T/OECD feature.
You can run the report for the different report levels. The report only displays the specific section of data for the report levels.
- Payables (P): All sections except customers, sales invoices, and sales payments.
- Receivables (R): All sections except suppliers, purchase invoices, and invoice payments.
- General Ledger (G): Only header, general ledger and general ledger entries sections.
- All Levels (A): All sections.
Take a note, the standard and generic SAF-T/OECD file does not address these country-specific requirements.
The audit file in R12 is not yet available.