What is GL Drilldown
GL Drilldown feature allows users to view sub ledger transaction information for the GL journal line created by importing information from the sub ledger products. Users are able to view sub ledger transaction information for different Products using the GL Drilldown feature by navigating to the Product UI that is the source of such transaction.
The Drill Down feature is invoked by Drill Down button on Journal Review screen. The Drill Down button opens XLA Drill Down UI. The UI shows product transaction and accounting information related to journal line.
This post is another extension of my previous post .
If you are starting Drilldown from General Ledger that will takes you SLA Journal details. Typically the flow is as:
- Drilldown is performed from Journal lines in General Ledger, that means data is stored in the table GL_JE_LINES. The link between SLA data and data in GL is through the table GL_IMPORT_REFERENCES.
- This data is populated in GL_IMPORT_REFERENCES only if "Import References"¨ option is selected in the Journal source definition.
- Once Populated, the data can be mapped from GL_JE_LINES to GL_IMPORT_REFERENCES table using the columns je_header_id and je_lines_num.
- From subledger side , SLA Journal line data is stored in the table XLA_AE_LINES, which is connected with its header which stored in XLA_AE_HEADERS.
- Then data in GL_IMPORT_REFERENCES can be mapped to XLA_AE_LINES using the columns gl_sl_link_id and gl_sl_link_table.
- When Transfer happen, typically it can be done either Summary or Detail mode, which typically configure when you define the Event Class, which is attached to the Journal Line Type.
- Take a note, if the transfer is done in Summary mode, then the Reference columns will not be populated in any of these table GL_IMPORT_REFERENCES or GL_JE_LINES
- Then Journal Line Type is then attached to the Journal Line Definition, which internally hookup with Subledger Accounting Method .
- Data from SLA, which comes to GL_INTERFACE, can then be imported in either Summary or Detail Mode.
- The option for summary or details is configure in the Accounting Setup Manager
- If you are importing data in Summary mode, then the Reference columns are populated in GL_IMPORT_REFERENCES (provided data has come in Detail mode from SLA), while GL_JE_LINES will not have the Reference columns populated.
- On the other hand if data is imported in Detail mode, both GL_IMPORT_REFERENCES and GL_JE_LINES tables will have the Reference columns populated (again provided the data has come in Detail mode from SLA).
- Table XLA_AE_LINES Column gl_transfer_mode_code gives the information for the transfer mode from SLA to GL.
- For the Journal Import mode, the values for specific applications is stored in the table XLA_LEDGER_OPTIONS which stores the setup for various applications for the Ledgers defined. The column indicating the Journal Import mode is transfer_to_gl_mode_code, which have three values as P (Summarized by Period), A(Summarized by Accounting Date) or D(No Summarization i.e. Detail mode)
- The XLA_TRIAL_BALANCES table is populated after successful journal import.
- You can use the different SLA reports for pulling SLA data.
- Last but not the least, drilldown will work from GL to all the Subledgers that are using the SLA Engine