As mention in earlier post (#1 ,#2 ,#3  ) , WebAdi is tool that can be used to load many different types of data from spreadsheet based excel application into various application of Oracle APPS. There are number of Seeded Integrator comes with Oracle, but still Oracle provides the capability to its expandability. Various Integrators to load different types of information. However, you can do setups new, custom spreadsheet can be created to load different types of information into Oracle.
Basic User Procedure we have seen for a webADI is
- Use the webADI page Consist of creating spreadsheet by
- Specific to data type which we called as integrator
- Specific to Layout which is for controlling purpose of the spreadsheet.
- Adding Data to the excel Spreadsheet.
- In spreadsheet, you need to select the Oracle/Upload menu option.This is menu option that you can use from WebAdi added from Excel menu.
- Than the data get uploaded to Oracle target table, which might be custom, or base. Any error will be flagged and the error reason will be placed on corresponding row in the spreadsheet.
More on WebADI elements
You need to understand two main elements of WebADI.
WebADI Integrator : This is create through setup
- Web ADI Layout : This you can create through a setup.
What you need you normally requires custom program.
Developing a custom Integrator in EBS
You need to follow these steps for creating custom Integrator of webADI
- Write a custom Program.
- Perform one time WebADI setup and some security setups.
- Compile your Custom Program in apps database.
- Next is to do setup the integrator, which consist of
- Create the integrator
- Create a function for your integrator
- Add the function to your menu
- associate the function to the integrator
- Define the layout
- Then use the Integrator for generating the spreadsheet
- Once Spreadsheet get generated, you can do some cosmetic changes to moving data at header or line level from standard page
- Then Upload the data in Oracle
- Verify the data in base table either through TOAD/SQL*Plus or through Oracle Screen
- If required , you can also tighten your Seeded Oracle Import program with WebADI itself.
Step by Step - Guide for your First Custom Integrator
1. You need to write a custom program.While developing you should be very clear what table you are going to use for targeting table.
These example is based out of these target of GL_INTERFACE table.
Here is File  , that can be used for custom Integrator Program.
2. Now you need to log into application , and with Responsibility, you need to start calling the integrator which you have created in step1.
Once Integrator is successfully register , you can see the name appears in the list.
3. Once you select , you might get some error because of security setup.In case of errors your screen looks like as below:
Therefore, you need to check two profile options set at Site level. These profile option setting can be varied from version to version, the higher you will have less setup.
4. Select the Integrator
Select the layout
Review the Document Creation
Once you are sure , then you need to press Create Document, this will create a new document.
Once Document get created you prompt for download
5. You can get the document created.
This document is based out of single table ie GL_INTERFACE.
6. Try to load data through it by invoking upload menu.
7. Once data get loaded you can see the final confirmation.
8. You can check the information from the backend.
This way you can create custom Integrator to fit any kind of business need.Next post we will learn more on modifying the integrator layout.
- 11i Uploading a Journal using Web ADI : Step by Step 
- R12 Uploading a Journal using Web ADI : Step by Step 
- Extending and managing Web ADI Integrator - Part I