This post will briefly Let you take quick step by step guide for uploading Journal through WebADI in 11i .
Uploading a Journal using Web ADI
The Web ADI screens are viewed in sequence, each one selecting an aspect of Journal to be uploaded.
- It start with selection of the 'Viewer' the Excel version to be used to view the sheets into which the Journal data will be entered.
- Then followed by selection of the Integrator, which is the type of form to use to upload.
- After that the selection of Layout.. this is the type of type of Enter the Content, of the Journal
- The end of process consist of reviewing the details that you have entered prior to submitting the upload.
- and Finally uploading the Journal
Steps need to perform
1. You need to make sure underline responsiblity should be attached to your user id.
WEBADI User linked to the correct Set of Books attached to your responsiblity.
2. Then go to Oracle WEBADI Responsiblity and
Navigate: Create Document (As below)
Once you click this a self servics pages will popup.
3. Select the Viewer
This is first step , where you need to select the viewer, there are number of viewer avaible but you to choose one of them for each template.
4. Click on the Dropdown on the Viewer field.
You can see these are the different options available for viewer.
5. Out of above mention list you need to chhose 'Excel 2003'. Make sure Excel 2003, is installe in your machine.
You should take a if the reporting flag is ticked you will not be able to upload the Journal. Make sure this should be unchecked.
6. Click on Next , bring another screen from which you need to choose integrator. There are number of integrator avaiable in the Current version of EBS. You can also add new one or customize existing Integtor.(Will discuss in another post sepeartly)
7. From the Select Integrator window.
8.Select the layout
9. Select the options from the Integrator Dropdown. You can see there are number of different seeded layout available in the EBS.
10. Out of given List, select the General Ledger - Journals Option( this is because we are uploading Journal)
Select the Layout option.
The options are therefore:
- Functional or Foreign currency
- Actual or Budget Balances
- Multiple or Single spreadsheet
11. Click Next
Select whether you want to use a 'Flat File' source spreadsheet for the Journal, if so, you can select Text File - If you choose this option, you will be offered to browse to the file to use. If you select None, then you are offered a blank Integrator Layout to fill in yourself.
11. Select None.
If on checking the summary of all the options you have selected, and you want to change any of the options, you can click on the Back button, and re-select the options.
12. Click on Next
This will bring you at the end of the page, where you need to review the details for which you are creating a template. The final page looks very similar as below:
13. Click the Create Document button
Clicking to this button will create document in excel 2003, you need to wait for few seconds untill the screen will enable button.
13. Once file get generated, the screen will have return button enable.
Once document get created you can open download the excel , it will take some time to get the the template ready for upload.Once template loading get completed, close the confirmation window.
You might get an Active X error message. You will need to change your security settings in your Internet explorer.
This is document which is ready for upload.
14. To enter values into the fields Double Click on the white field to the right of the coloured cells. This will open a subsidiary window to give the find options from the List of system set value options.
You need to select by clicking on the Radio style button, and click on the Select Button.
15. When all the details of the Journal is entered, using double click List of Values search tool, click on the Oracle Menu.
16. Navigate to Upload
17. Select all the Upload Parameters
You will find these options for Rows to Upload
- All Rows - This ignores whether an individual row is flagged, and uploads all rows
- Flagged Rows - When rows are typed into, a Flag symbol is entered automatically into the Flagged column. If you cut and paste into the spreadsheet, the flags will not automatically be entered. They can be forced into the column by typing a Capital O, which generates the symbol, this can be dragged down using the Excel Autofill facility.
- Validate before Upoad - This checks for valid account combinations before submitting the Journal.
- Automatically Submit Journal Import - This Triggers the Journal Import function in General Ledger.
- Create Summary Journals - Where Summary Accounting is employed, the Summary Journals will be generated.
- Descriptive Flexfields
- Do Not Import - This relates to any extra Descriptive Flexfields added to the Journal Layout
- Import with Validation - This option allows for the extra Fields to be transferred, with validation.
- Import without Validation - Allows all data to transfer to the General Ledger
18. Next you need to click on Upload to initiate the Transfer to GL, and if the Automatically Submit journal Import option is checked, the General Ledger Journal import is triggered
19. Confirmation of the success of the sending and the triggering of the import is displayed.
20. Click on Close
21. Success indicators (Green Smiley faces) appear
22. Now you can check the journal Upload confirmation screen with the Journal Import Request I D number is displayed.
23. You can check this is Core Oracle, see the final output and the progress of the Journal import.
24. You can validate this is Oracle
What need to do is you need to use user friendly source name and category name.
This is way to that you can uploaded the Journal through WebADI into Oracle.
- WebAdi : Desktop Integration makes life easier 
- 11i Uploading a Journal using Web ADI : Step by Step