|Have you tried OracleappsHub in ipad/iphone/smart Phone? Don't wait. try it today|
In fusion , in order to try any customizations and extensions , you need an environment for testing, before deploying to Production.In Fusion World this is magaed via SandBox Manager. The other terminology you need to get expose is Composer.
Sandbox Manager is a tool that provides a place where users can define and design their changes before putting them into production.
The three types of sandboxes are avaiable
- Metadata, such as non-flexfield UI page customizations :This sandbox supports making changes to the application's metadata stored in the MDS repository.
- Security :This sandbox supports making data security changes.
- Generated flexfields based business components
Sandbox Manager has the following features:
- This stored all changes in the sandbox
- You can have sandboxes to specfic to a user
- Can have many sandboxes running (different users) at the same time
- Make changes over a period of time (long-running sandbox)
- All documents changed can be saved or reverted with one operation
- Migrate sandbox in its entirety from test to production
Usually , there are two types of sandboxes:
- Sandboxes intended to be published.
- Sandboxes intended for "test-only" purposes.
Hope this helps. Next will explore more on "Composer"