- OracleApps Epicenter - http://www.oracleappshub.com -
Oracle Fusion Supply Chain Management – A Brief Overview
Posted By Sanjit Anand On March 20, 2011 @ 3:30 am In Fusion,Fusion Application | 2 Comments
Oracle Fusion SCM  provides a supply chain data model and services for such things as product, order, inventory, shipping and receiving and also business processes for concept-to-launch, order-to-cash, and cost management.
Initial releases of Oracle Fusion Supply Chain Management will have functionality for product master data management, costing, order orchestration, product availability,logistics, inventory management, light warehouse management capabilities and Agile PLM.
Looking at the Supply Chain Management Product Family in Fusion Applications, these are major products which is consider to be part of offering in v1.
In order to support Finance and Procurement , there are 2 additional products:
In Fusion Apps, there is unfortunately no planning or integrated manufacturing products. These additions might be part of Fusion Version 2.
Lets do a quick review on some of Fusion SCM family.
Product Information Management /Fusion Product Hub (PIM)
Oracle Fusion Product Hub is a key component of Oracle's Supply Chain and Master Data Management strategy.Items are now in PIM exemplified the BOMs. PIM may include various functionalities such as data cleansing, workflow and request Item xls data loading, depending on which license is purchased.
Some of the Salient Features of Fusion Product hub is:
- User friendly feature rich User Interface
- Extensible Data Model
- Enterprise wide Common Product Model including trading partner data management
- Inbuilt Business Analytics for monitoring of Data
- Catalog Management for managing catalogs and categories
- Real Time data Quality Check for clean Data
- Advanced Search and Mass Update Capabilities
- Multi level , task based Governance workflows for critical business
- Processes like New product Introduction process
- Streamlined release management and version management processes
Oracle Fusion product Master acts as the single source for product data management across the enterprise. Product Master allows extensible data model for definition of Complex Product Structures, centralizes the Data Governance Processes and better data quality management processes with an in-built data Quality Engine.
Global Order Promising (GOP)
Oracle Global Order promising (GOP) provides a single view of supply and demand across heterogeneous systems.GOP is an add-on module on top of Distributed Order Orchestration (DOO) , the Global Promising engine is fed by the information gathered by DOO
Some of the Salient Features of Global Order Promising are:
- Simulation capabilities of Order promising scenarios
- View for alternate availability options
- Item Substitution ability for order promising
- Supply allocation capability
- Support Multiple Mode of Shipping
- Ability to split orders across Locations
- Ability to promise by Set of lines or Group ( across orders)
- Web services framework to integrate with disparate supply sources
- Centralized sourcing rule administration
- Source and ATP calculations are stored in memory, providing faster
- availability information to calling applications
- Rich user experience integrated with Distributed Order Orchestration for real-time fulfillment decisions
Oracle Fusion Distributed Order Orchestration (DOO)
Oracle has introduced Distributed Order Orchestration (DOO) as a standalone fusion application that centralizes the order orchestration process across multiple order capture and Order fulfillment systems to improve the order accuracy levels and faster time to market. DOO works across Heterogeneous order capture and order fulfillment systems In addition, allows the flexibility of being able to respond to market changes faster.
The way this work, you have to understood the Oracle way of looking the Order.Oracle breaks its order management into :
- Task Layer Services
- External Interface Layer
- Global Order Promising
DOO operates in the following layers
- Decomposition layer (#2 above) allows DOO for transform, enrich sales orders via a robust rules workbench, select and launch an orchestration process
- Orchestration Layer (#3 above)to integrate with fulfillment systems, executes fulfillment orchestration, manage orders in jeopardy, and resolve the issues
- Task Layer (#4 above) performs the services to send content /perform orchestration tasks like ship,receive, invoice etc.
- Monitor Layer (#5 above) to monitor status of order orchestration, handle exceptions and simulate scenarios.
- GOP (#6 above) is closely integrated with Global Order Promising for better order promising capabilities.
Combining all you can see a typical flow of order across heterogeneous systems.
Some of the Salient Features of Distributed Order Orchestration are:
- User friendly feature rich User Interface
- Inbuilt Integration with the product Hub
- Close interaction with Global Order promising
- Usage of Oracle Business Rules Engine for pre built order
- Robust Jeopardy management
- Ability to Interact with Application Unlimited product offerings of Oracle
- Ability to create custom tasks using task Layer
This is going to be a most exciting products of Oracle Fusion SCM that addresses the challenges of order orchestration across heterogeneous demand and supply systems. some of gap seems to be missing order-capture functions or to perform pricing activity. This also heavily depends on other products like Fusion Applications Product Data model that needed to can be populated through product master solutions or through service calls.
Inventory Management /Fusion Logistics
Fusion logistics provides a single platform to handle order fulfillment, material management and inventory tracking all in one. Fusion logistics provides a warehouse level dashboard to provide users a single view based on tasks and allows centralized monitoring of Critical receipt and Shipment activities.similar to EBS , it has all basic feature.
Some of the Salient Features of Fusion Logistics are:
Fusion Logistics V1 is positioned for Non Manufacturing customers with simple distribution and Fusion procurement customers with simpler material management requirement.Most Likly Oracle Fusion Logistics support simple Inventory, Procurement and Order Fulfillment needs.
Cost Management has become a lot more extensive. In this product, you can get all accounting information provided logistical operations. Some of the Salient Features of Fusion Costing are:
Probally the current version only Supports Perpetual Average costing. Ability to support standard Costing, Actual Costing, FIFO, LIFO , Periodic Average costing methods will be available in Future releases.Also landed cost calculation and Manufacturing flows are not supported in the current
Other Fusion Post
Article printed from OracleApps Epicenter: http://www.oracleappshub.com
URL to article: http://www.oracleappshub.com/fusion/oracle-fusion-supply-chain-management-a-brief-overview/
URLs in this post:
 SCM: http://www.oracleappshub.com/ebs-suite/know-what-is-supply-chain-management-scm-an-overview/
 Oracle Fusion Procurement: http://www.oracleappshub.com/fusion/fusion-application/oracle-fusion-procurement/
 Oracle Fusion Project Portfolio Management: http://www.oracleappshub.com/fusion/oracle-fusion-project-portfolio-management/
 Oracle Fusion Financials Application: http://www.oracleappshub.com/fusion/oracle-fusion-financials-application/
 Oracle Fusion and Oracle Fusion Applications : Overview: http://www.oracleappshub.com/fusion/oracle-fusion-and-oracle-fusion-applications-overview/
Disclaimer The opinions expressed here represent solely my own represent personal conjecture based upon experience, practice and observation and does not represent the thoughts, intentions, plans or strategies of my current & previous employers and their clients. Copyright © 2007-2010 OracleApps Epicenter. All rights reserved.