- OracleApps Epicenter - http://www.oracleappshub.com -
Oracle Fusion Applications Architecture – Recap
Posted By Sanjit Anand On July 1, 2011 @ 9:54 pm In Fusion,Fusion Application | No Comments
As mention previouly  Fusion Applications follows a modular, standards-based architecture, natively built on Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g components and use the Oracle Database as per fig below.
Fig 1: Oracle Fusion Applications Architecture ( Source www.oracle.com )
Lets do a quick recap of some of the key components.
1. Oracle Fusion Applications includes the following product families, or collections of products that are associated with a functional area:
Similar to OracleApps each product family is based on a common Oracle Fusion Applications data model and services.
Normally each product family contain one or more Java EE applications that are specific to Oracle Fusion Applications and deployed to Oracle WebLogic Server. An application can contain multiple products, and a product can also span multiple applications.
A product typically has a one-to-one correspondence with an Enterprise Archive (EAR) file . Similar to EarSales.ear which is an application and Sales is a product.
2.Oracle Fusion Middleware
Oracle Fusion Middleware, comprising the following:
- Oracle Fusion Middleware infrastructure components : This will have common core framework and infrastructure components as:
- Oracle Fusion Middleware Extensions for Applications
- Oracle Enterprise Scheduler
- Oracle Enterprise Crawl and Search Framework
- Oracle Fusion Functional Setup Manager
- Oracle Fusion Middleware components:The applications for a product family are deployed to an Oracle WebLogic Server domain in the Oracle Fusion Middleware technology stack
- Oracle WebLogic Server
- Oracle WebLogic Communication Services
- Oracle Identity Management
- Oracle WebCenter
- Oracle Business Intelligence
- Oracle SOA Suite
- Oracle Application Development Framework
- Oracle JDeveloper
- Oracle HTTP Server
- Oracle WebGate
- Oracle Web Services Manager Policy Manager
- Oracle Enterprise Content Management Suite
- Oracle Data Integrator
- Oracle Secure Enterprise Search
- Oracle WebLogic Server
Check it out for more details in this post .
3. Oracle Database
Oracle Fusion Applications uses the Oracle Database to store and retrieve all transactional and reference data and to store design time data in repositories.
The transactional database contains both applications and middleware schemas, seed data, the tablespaces, and all other required packages.
- Oracle's Co-Existence Strategy 
- BI in Oracle's Fusion Applications : An Quick Overview 
- Fusion's Functional Setup Manager 
- Oracle Fusion Supply Chain Management - A Brief Overview 
- Oracle Fusion Procurement 
- Oracle Fusion Project Portfolio Management 
- Oracle Fusion Financials Application 
- Oracle Fusion and Oracle Fusion Applications : Overview 
Article printed from OracleApps Epicenter: http://www.oracleappshub.com
URL to article: http://www.oracleappshub.com/fusion/oracle-fusion-applications-architecture-recap/
URLs in this post:
 previouly: http://www.oracleappshub.com/fusion/oracle-fusion-and-oracle-fusion-applications-overview/
 www.oracle.com: http://www.oracle.com
 Oracle Fusion Financials: http://www.oracleappshub.com/fusion/oracle-fusion-financials-application/
 Oracle Fusion Procurement: http://www.oracleappshub.com/fusion/fusion-application/oracle-fusion-procurement/
 Oracle Fusion Project Portfolio Management: http://www.oracleappshub.com/fusion/oracle-fusion-project-portfolio-management/
 Oracle Fusion Supply Chain Management: http://www.oracleappshub.com/fusion/oracle-fusion-supply-chain-management-a-brief-overview/
 post: http://www.oracleappshub.com/fusion/understanding-fusion-middleware-fmw-products-what-everyone-needs-to-know/
 Oracle's Co-Existence Strategy : http://www.oracleappshub.com/fusion/fusion-application/oracles-co-existence-strategy/
 BI in Oracle's Fusion Applications : An Quick Overview : http://www.oracleappshub.com/fusion/fusion-application/bi-in-oracles-fusion-applications-an-quick-overview/
 Fusion's Functional Setup Manager : http://www.oracleappshub.com/fusion/fusions-functional-setup-manager/
Disclaimer The opinions expressed here represent solely my own represent personal conjecture based upon experience, practice and observation and does not represent the thoughts, intentions, plans or strategies of my current & previous employers and their clients. Copyright © 2007-2010 OracleApps Epicenter. All rights reserved.