|Have you tried OracleappsHub in ipad/iphone/smart Phone? Don't wait. try it today|
As mention previouly Fusion Applications follows a modular, standards-based architecture, natively built on Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g components and use the Oracle Database as per fig below.
Fig 1: Oracle Fusion Applications Architecture ( Source www.oracle.com)
Lets do a quick recap of some of the key components.
1. Oracle Fusion Applications includes the following product families, or collections of products that are associated with a functional area:
- Oracle Fusion Financials manages financial flows, including assets, ledgers, cash cycle, invoices and payments, accounts receivable, collections, and setup of subledger accounting and tax configuration.
- Oracle Fusion Human Capital Management provides employee management for an organization.
- Oracle Fusion Procurement manages the procurement process including requisitions, purchase orders, and supplier negotiations.
- Oracle Fusion Project Portfolio Management manages projects, including how to plan, budget, forecast, collect costs, bill customers, and report performance.
- Oracle Fusion Supply Chain Management integrates and automates all key supply chain processes, from design, planning and procurement to manufacturing and fulfillment, providing a complete solution set to enable companies to power information-driven value chains.
- Oracle Fusion Customer Relationship Management manages customers, contacts, and resources, including data quality configuration.
- Oracle Fusion Governance, Risk, and Compliance integrates business intelligence, process management, and automated controls enforcement to enable sustainable risk and compliance management.
- Oracle Fusion Setup is a special product family for supporting the other product families for
- setting up functional data, this product family includes applications to assist application users . Read this.
- Oracle Fusion Home page thats provides a Welcome dashboard with a collection of portlets and task flows for answering common questions.
- Oracle Fusion Applications Help delivers the content that users require in order to complete their tasks. You can have install a local version of Oracle Fusion Applications Help, enabling you to extend and customize the help.
Similar to OracleApps each product family is based on a common Oracle Fusion Applications data model and services.
Normally each product family contain one or more Java EE applications that are specific to Oracle Fusion Applications and deployed to Oracle WebLogic Server. An application can contain multiple products, and a product can also span multiple applications.
A product typically has a one-to-one correspondence with an Enterprise Archive (EAR) file . Similar to EarSales.ear which is an application and Sales is a product.
2.Oracle Fusion Middleware
Oracle Fusion Middleware, comprising the following:
- Oracle Fusion Middleware infrastructure components : This will have common core framework and infrastructure components as:
- Oracle Fusion Middleware Extensions for Applications
- Oracle Enterprise Scheduler
- Oracle Enterprise Crawl and Search Framework
- Oracle Fusion Functional Setup Manager
- Oracle Fusion Middleware components:The applications for a product family are deployed to an Oracle WebLogic Server domain in the Oracle Fusion Middleware technology stack
- Oracle WebLogic Server
- Oracle WebLogic Communication Services
- Oracle Identity Management
- Oracle WebCenter
- Oracle Business Intelligence
- Oracle SOA Suite
- Oracle Application Development Framework
- Oracle JDeveloper
- Oracle HTTP Server
- Oracle WebGate
- Oracle Web Services Manager Policy Manager
- Oracle Enterprise Content Management Suite
- Oracle Data Integrator
- Oracle Secure Enterprise Search
- Oracle WebLogic Server
Check it out for more details in this post.
3. Oracle Database
Oracle Fusion Applications uses the Oracle Database to store and retrieve all transactional and reference data and to store design time data in repositories.
The transactional database contains both applications and middleware schemas, seed data, the tablespaces, and all other required packages.
- Oracle's Co-Existence Strategy
- BI in Oracle's Fusion Applications : An Quick Overview
- Fusion's Functional Setup Manager
- Oracle Fusion Supply Chain Management - A Brief Overview
- Oracle Fusion Procurement
- Oracle Fusion Project Portfolio Management
- Oracle Fusion Financials Application
- Oracle Fusion and Oracle Fusion Applications : Overview