- OracleApps Epicenter - http://www.oracleappshub.com -
BI in Oracle’s Fusion Applications : An Quick Overview
Posted By Sanjit Anand On March 21, 2011 @ 4:45 pm In Fusion Application | 1 Comment
This is one of the key as mention in all previous post(1 ,2 ,3 ) which features of Fusion Apps, wherein the apps is leveraging BI for all reporting.As mention the key of BI in Fusion apps benefits are:
Fusion Reporting and Analytics
Fusion application Business Intelligence comprises of the following components.
Fusion BI Architecture
This is three-layer architecture. Various component in Fusion BI Architecture as per below:
1.BI View Objects
- These are single source of truth for BI
- Represent facts and dimensions
- Apps data security been implement at this level.
2.BI Common Semantic Model
Supports highly aggregated trending and real-time transaction listings from a single query model
- Single RPD with one Business Model
- Single Business Column and Entity shared across OTBI and Oracle Business Intelligence Application (OBIA)
- Common Conformed Dimensions ensure cross fact , cross subject areas and federated OTBI/OBIA reporting
3.Oracle BI Applications (OBIA)
As mention is used for unlimited historical analysis - trending and cross-domain insight Pre-packaged DW, ETL, metrics, and interactive dashboards .
4.Oracle Transactional Business Intelligence (OTBI)
- Real time window into the transactional System where business users can create their own reports using prepackaged functional metadata
- Co located & semantically integrated with the Data Warehousing metadata
- Reads security, flex fields and trees from Fusion Applications
- Reports / charts from OTBI can be embedded into Fusion Applications
OTBI and OBAI Vis -a-Vis
These two can be understood differently, here are the compare for these two.
Hope this post helps you to understand the BI in term of fusion.
Other Fusion Post
Article printed from OracleApps Epicenter: http://www.oracleappshub.com
URL to article: http://www.oracleappshub.com/fusion/fusion-application/bi-in-oracles-fusion-applications-an-quick-overview/
URLs in this post:
 1: http://www.oracleappshub.com/fusion/oracle-fusion-financials-application/
 2: http://www.oracleappshub.com/fusion/fusion-application/oracle-fusion-procurement/
 3: http://www.oracleappshub.com/fusion/oracle-fusion-project-portfolio-management/
 Fusion’s Functional Setup Manager: http://www.oracleappshub.com/fusion/fusions-functional-setup-manager/
 Oracle Fusion Supply Chain Management – A Brief Overview: http://www.oracleappshub.com/fusion/oracle-fusion-supply-chain-management-a-brief-overview/
 Oracle Fusion and Oracle Fusion Applications : Overview: http://www.oracleappshub.com/fusion/oracle-fusion-and-oracle-fusion-applications-overview/
Disclaimer The opinions expressed here represent solely my own represent personal conjecture based upon experience, practice and observation and does not represent the thoughts, intentions, plans or strategies of my current & previous employers and their clients. Copyright © 2007-2010 OracleApps Epicenter. All rights reserved.