|Have you tried OracleappsHub in ipad/iphone/smart Phone? Don't wait. try it today|
- Its going to be real-time and self-service reporting
- Can be done for Historical and complex analysis with a data warehouse
- User can get Consistent experience by providing identical tabular, graphical and visualization components used throughout the application
- Common semantic model ie Unified definition of key entities-Customer, Invoice, Date, Account, etc. and calculations
- Tight integration with Fusion Applications
- Pervasive embedded analytics, role-based dashboards, and reports
- Architected for Fusion Apps: seamless integration with flex, trees,security
- Easier installation, functional setups, and systems management
Fusion Reporting and Analytics
Fusion application Business Intelligence comprises of the following components.
- Oracle Transactional BI (OTBI) is real time self service reporting directly off Fusion Apps data. It has pre-packaged content covering major Fusion applications.
- Oracle BI Applications (OBIA) is a prepackaged data warehouse enabling historical analysis and cross domain insight.
- Specialized Domain specific Analytics include financial statements, sales territory planning and Project Performance built on Essbase technology. White space analysis built on Real Time decisions and Oracle Data Mining Technologies.
- Oracle BI Publisher reports are also available; these are out of box content within Fusion applications to cater to pixel perfect and highly formatted report requirements.
Fusion BI Architecture
This is three-layer architecture. Various component in Fusion BI Architecture as per below:
1.BI View Objects
- These are single source of truth for BI
- Represent facts and dimensions
- Apps data security been implement at this level.
2.BI Common Semantic Model
Supports highly aggregated trending and real-time transaction listings from a single query model
- Single RPD with one Business Model
- Single Business Column and Entity shared across OTBI and Oracle Business Intelligence Application (OBIA)
- Common Conformed Dimensions ensure cross fact , cross subject areas and federated OTBI/OBIA reporting
3.Oracle BI Applications (OBIA)
As mention is used for unlimited historical analysis - trending and cross-domain insight Pre-packaged DW, ETL, metrics, and interactive dashboards .
4.Oracle Transactional Business Intelligence (OTBI)
- Real time window into the transactional System where business users can create their own reports using prepackaged functional metadata
- Co located & semantically integrated with the Data Warehousing metadata
- Reads security, flex fields and trees from Fusion Applications
- Reports / charts from OTBI can be embedded into Fusion Applications
OTBI and OBAI Vis -a-Vis
These two can be understood differently, here are the compare for these two.
Hope this post helps you to understand the BI in term of fusion.
Other Fusion Post
- Fusion’s Functional Setup Manager
- Oracle Fusion Supply Chain Management – A Brief Overview
- Oracle Fusion Procurement
- Oracle Fusion Project Portfolio Management
- Oracle Fusion Financials Application
- Oracle Fusion and Oracle Fusion Applications : Overview