What’s New in Oracle Enterprise Content Management Suite 11g
At the Suite-level, the 11g release provides a number of new features and enhancements to its platform, core content services and repository management that are carried across product components, including:
- Oracle Fusion Middleware infrastructure: Oracle ECM Suite 11g has been fully transitioned to the Oracle Fusion Middleware platform, with all applications being supported by Oracle WebLogic Server and an Oracle Enterprise Manager dashboard for centralized system installation, configuration, monitoring, logging, performance metrics and diagnostics.
- Unified content repository: Oracle Content Server provides a unified repository for all Oracle ECM Suite 11g applications, to facilitate the deployment of all services on one infrastructure.
- Broad server platform and directory support: Oracle ECM Suite 11g offers more choice for organizations with heterogeneous environments, by offering server platform operating system support for Linux, Solaris, AIX, HP/UX and Windows across all applications. Its also expands directory support for all components, adding Oracle Internet Directory and OpenLDAP, in addition to continuing support for Active Directory.
- Secure Web services: This enables WS-Security for all ECM services, providing support for Security Tokens such as SAML assertions, Kerberos tickets, X509 certificates and custom tokens.
- Other capabilities: Fast Check-in capability enables organizations to pick and choose which applications and check-in service calls they want to tune for extreme content ingestion speeds –enabling organizations to support multiple types of applications on one unified repository and platform supporting high volume imaging to collaborative document management, and access-intensive digital asset and Web site management.
Oracle ECM Suite 11g product components include:
• Oracle Universal Content Management (UCM) 11g; for document management, Web content management, digital asset management, and built-it retention management.
• Oracle Imaging and Process Management (I/PM) 11g; for document imaging and business process management related to automating paper-intensive, back office operations.
• Oracle Universal Records Management (URM) 11g; for applying records and retention policies to physical and electronic content in a single consolidated system or “in place” across other content stores.
• Oracle Information Rights Management (IRM) 11g (restricted use); for securing sensitive content beyond the network to user’s desktops, flash drives, and laptops to prevent unauthorized usage.