What is Enterprise Content Management
Enterprise Content Management (ECM) is the strategies, methods and tools used to capture, manage, store, preserve, and deliver content and documents related to organizational processes.
ECM tools and strategies allow the management of an organization's unstructured information, wherever that information exists.
ECM has employed the technologies and strategies of digital content management to address business process issues, such as records and auditing, knowledge sharing, personalization and standardization of content, and so on.
Why Enterprise Content Management is Needed
- ECM manages the entire life cycle of unstructured data (e.g. Invoices, email, documents, spreadsheets, multimedia etc.)
- ECM solutions help corporations organize, control and access this vital business content
- ECM Market is driven by customers’ needs for regulatory compliance
- ECM helps deliver fast ROI by streamlining business processes
Who needs most
- Pharmaceutical companies for controlling and managing documents to bring new drugs to market quickly and in a compliant manner.
- Government agencies streamlining largely paper-driven processes, improve the services offered to citizens, ensure compliancy and optimise efficiency.
- Media and broadcast companies want to manage large image and audio content libraries as part of an overall information management strategy.
- Insurance companies require rapid access to all relevant information in order to respond to customers quickly, reduce risk and ensure compliance.
- Retail companies want to understand their customers’ preferences in order to reduce churn, engender loyalty, and increase the value of the relationship.
- Telecoms companies want to minimise customer churn and comply fully with regulations and legislation.
- Utilities and energy companies want to maintain accurate customer records, reduce risk and ensure compliance.
- Retail banks want to reduce risk, retain and grow their customer base and comply.
- Financial services firms want to service customers efficiently, reduce their exposure to risk, ensure compliance and reduce churn.
Oracle Enterprise Content Management
Oracle Enterprise Content Management provides a unified application for delivering document management, web content management, digital asset management, and retention management.
The suite of products offers a flexible, robust and scalable content management solution that allows employees, customers and partners to collaborate contribute and access business content anywhere worldwide.
If you look the life cycle of content , this address entire life cycle as fig below .
Oracle helps companies fully maximize the value of their information and intellectual assets by bringing content, such as spreadsheets, contracts, marketing materials, CAD drawings, digital assets, records and catalogs, to the Web where it can be efficiently managed.
Some of the Key components are :
- Document, Records and Retention Management – manage content centrally from creation to archiving and disposition to improve operational efficiencies, control access to critical business information, increase productivity by streamlining document intensive processes and provide a platform to standardize information management practices, achieve compliance and mitigate risks.
- Web Content Management (WCM) – enables organizations to deploy and manage business-critical web sites as well as to deploy content to enterprise portals and other applications.
- Digital Asset Management (DAM) – enables management of digital assets allowing users to store, find, and access multimedia assets and automate the creation or print-quality, web-friendly and thumbnail renditions.
- Content / Image Enabled Enterprise Applications – enables streamlining of business processes and improvement in cost-efficiency, consistency and auditability by integrating content into enterprise applications.
- Imaging and Process Management – enables end-to-end management of document images within transactional business processes providing content and business process management capabilities from document capture and recognition, to imaging and workflow integrated to Oracle's business applications.
- Social Collaboration / Enterprise 2.0 and ECM – enables organizations means to promote collaboration, productivity, knowledge sharing, enriched user experience and centralised access using a system of web-based technologies.