Oracle offers a broad portfolio of products to help enterprises acquire, manage, and integrate big data with existing information, with the goal of achieving a complete view of business in the fastest, most reliable, and cost effective way .
Oracle's Big Data Appliance, and Oracle Big Data Connectors is one such solution and portfolio of products bundled together to provide an integrated solution. The good about Oracle Big Data Appliance comes with fact that the process of Acquire, Organize and Analyze work quite closely with their proven Oracle RDBMS technology and thus gives Enterprises flexibility to cover SQL and NoSQL (Key-Value store databases for unstructured, semi-structured data) within the horizon of their analytical needs.
The Oracle Big Data Appliance is an engineered system of hardware and software designed to help enterprises derive maximum value from their big data strategies. It combines optimized hardware with a comprehensive software stack featuring specialized solutions developed by Oracle to deliver a complete, easy-to-deploy offering for acquiring, organizing and analyzing big data, with enterprise-class performance, availability, supportability, and security.
The Oracle Big Data Appliance integrated software includes :
- Full distribution of Cloudera's Distribution including Apache Hadoop (CDH)
- Cloudera Manager to administer all aspects of Cloudera CDH
- Open source distribution of the statistical package R for analysis of unfiltered data on Oracle Big Data Appliance
- Oracle NoSQL Database Community Edition3
- And Oracle Enterprise Linux operating system and Oracle Java VM
The Oracle Big Data Appliance offers the following benefits:
- Rapid provisioning of a highly-available and scalable system for managing massive amounts of data
- A high-performance platform for acquiring, organizing, and analyzing big data in Hadoop and using R on raw-data sources
- Control of IT costs by pre-integrating all hardware and software components into a single big data solution that complements enterprise data warehouses
Oracle Big Data Connectors is an optimized software suite to help enterprises integrate data stored in Hadoop or Oracle NoSQL Databases with Oracle Database 11g. It enables very fast data movements between these two environments using Oracle Loader for Hadoop and Oracle Direct Connector for Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS), while Oracle Data Integrator Application Adapter for Hadoop and Oracle R Connector for Hadoop provide non-Hadoop experts with easier access to HDFS data and MapReduce functionality.
Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine is purpose-built to deliver the fastest performance for business intelligence (BI) and planning applications. It is designed to provide real-time, speed-of-thought visual analysis, and enable new types of analytic applications so organizations can make decisions faster in the context of rapidly shifting business conditions, while broadening user adoption of BI though introduction of interactive visualization capabilities. Organizations can extend BI initiatives beyond reporting and dashboards to modeling, planning, forecasting, and predictive analytics.
These offerings, along with Oracle Exadata Database Machine and Oracle Database 11g, create a complete set of technologies for leveraging and integrating big data, and help enterprises quickly and efficiently turn information into insight.
Data sheets, white papers and other interesting information can be found here:
- Big Data OverView 
- BigData Connector OverView 
- Big Data Appliance OTN page 
- Big Data Connectors OTN page