There was lot many news for Oracle AIA  this year during OOW ,as foundation pack announcment was made by Charles Phillips in his OOW's keynote  during this gala event.Since then this was a huge interest in the subject.
In April this year the first announcement for the AIA was made which was industry-specific business process templates (BPMN) to provide Industry Reference Models (IRM), Oracle EBS, Siebel and Oracle Applications products between the actual move business processes (BPEL) to provide Process Integration Packs (PIP) from it.
Lets take a quick look what is all about and what's makes so hot?
What is Oracle AIA Technology?
This is a framework in which the functionality of Oracle's vast application portfolio - Oracle E-Business, PeopleSoft, Siebel, and JD Edwards - can be recombined and tailored to enterprise needs.
In simple words :A smart integration mechanism , that can support & intergrate the whole bunch of oracle products with EBS or non-EBS products(like SAP) and in this middleware is used to stitching .
The AIA has three components:
- Industry reference models. These are best practice guides so that the final deployed processes are optimized.
- Processes Integration Packs which contain out the necessary code to create business process required without risk.
- Pre built SOA that will run out of the box on Fusion middleware.
figure : Oracle AIA (Source www.oracle.com )
Oracle have now published a foundation pack which is series of templates and vanilla processes which can be adopted by a 3rd party to meet their requirements.
Technical products inside Application Integration Architecture
- BPEL Process Manager
- BPEL Repository
- E-Business Suite
- Oracle Warehouse Builder
The latest version comprised of the following products
- Siebel CRM to Portal Billing - Siebel CRM, FMW, BRM & EBS/Oracle Financials
- Portal Billing to General Ledger - Siebel CRM, FMW, BRM & EBS/Oracle Financials
Automating business processes across the application running at multiple plaform is normally a very laborious, complex ,costly and time consuming task.Hoping ,AIA seeks to simplify this process and make it more seamless.
While researching more about Oracle AIA , these are some interesting links:
- General information on Oracle Application Integration Architecture :
- AIA Documentation
- Oracle AIA Foundation Pack
- Linda Fishman Hoyle Blog :Top 10 benefits to AIA 
- Process Integration Packs
- List of validated integrations
- Oracle Extends Application Integration Architecture 
Some AIA News from Oracle:
Oracle Delivers Communications Industryâ€™s First Pre-Built Integrations Across Enterprise Business Applications
"Oracle Introduces the Application Integration Architecture for SAP Initiative; Enabling Customers to Unify SAP Enterprise Applications" Why It's Hot!Why It's Hot!