There are two very distinct features in E-Business Suite Release 12 of AGIS.
- Automatic Balancing – When a transaction with multiple BSV’s is entered, the Balancing Process automatically generates the correct intracompany or intercompany accounting entries, depending on whether the balancing segments are in the same legal entity or in different legal entities. If the balancing segments values are in the same legal entity (intracompany accounting) the automatic Balancing Process uses Cross-Entity Balancing Rules to generate the balancing accounting entries. You can specify both the Debit Balancing Segment Value and Credit Balancing Segment Value for the balancing relationship; this new dimension allows you to define explicitly the accounts that should be used when any pair of balancing segments values are balanced against each other. If the BSVs are in different legal entities (intercompany accounting) the automatic Balancing Routine uses Intercompany Accounts setup to create the balancing accounting lines. You can setup several intercompany accounts for your intercompany activities, and select one as the default to be used for automatic balancing.
- Manual Intercompany Transaction entry – entry of intercompany transactions is enhanced . For all requestor(initiator) and recipient organizations, the legal entity information is displayed on each transaction. Intercompany accounting entries are generated automatically based on centralized setup. The requesting organization is able to create a single batch containing multiple recipient transactions across different ledgers, currencies and calendars, which are automatically submitted to all recipients for approval. When a batch is entered with multiple recipients, Oracle AGIS optionally prorates the distribution amounts for each recipient, based on the proportion of the transaction allocated to that recipient.
Balancing : Difference (11i vs R12)
- In 11, balancing journal entries were generated at posting time by the GL posting routine
- In R12, the Balancing Routine (balancing API is called by GL and SLA): Generates balancing accounting entries for subledger journal entries at time accounting is created Generates balancing journal entries at posting time for all other journals.
R12 Balancing API
Balancing API is triggered from Journal Posting process or from Subledger Journal Creation process. Once it is called it creates balancing journal lines automatically based on the setup for the combination of journal source and category.
Balancing has 3 elements :
- The Balancing API
- Intracompany Balancing Rules (Navigation: Setup->Financials->Accounting Setup Manager->Accounting Setups)
- Intercompany Accounts
The Intracompany Balancing Rules and Intercompany Accounts are used by the Balancing API to generate accounting lines for transactions that include multiple balancing segment values.
The Balancing API is called from the General Ledger at posting time for GL Journals, and from the Subledger Accounting Architecture during the accounting process for subledger transactions. Transactions originating in Payables and Receivables will be balanced using the Balancing API when SLA performs the accounting for them.
Following two tables involved
This table stores the ledger, journal source and category information for which the Intracompany balancing rules have been defined. These rules are used by the Intercompany Balancing API to balancing Intracompany journals. This table also gives the clearing balancing value option selected for a particular source and category.
This stores the intracompany accounts defined between each trading and transacting balancing segment value. These accounts are used by the Intercompany Balancing API to balancing Intracompany journals
- The table FUN_BALANCE_OPTIONS and the table FUN_BALANCE_ACCOUNTS are linked by a Template_id.
- The posting program uses the package FUN_BAL_UTILS_GRP while creating the intracompany lines.The pls files for the package FUN_BAL_UTILS_GRP are fungbalutilb.pls and fungbalutils.pls. File location would be at $FUN_TOP/patch/<version>/sql.
- R12 AGIS : What makes "Advanced" - Part II (0)
- R12 "AGIS" : What makes "Advanced"
- Defining Intracompany Balancing Rules From Dave Blog.
- 604441.1 :AGIS Setting Up Intracompany And Intercompany Accounting - An Example