Posted on October 29th, 2008 by Sanjit Anand | Print This Post
| Email This Post
Here is the quick note for Banking Details for Supplier in Release 12, which can be assigned at the following four levels:
- Address-Operating Unit
New accounts can be created using existing bank and branch details or new bank/branches can also be entered.
Banking Details page to define the bank accounts used for making payments to suppliers.
You can select the name and number of the bank account from the list of values that includes all active supplier type bank accounts or you can create a new bank account. For each supplier and supplier site that has bank account assignments, you must designate a primary bank account. The primary bank account is used by Payables as a default when you pay this supplier electronically.You may override the default if necessary.
You can also do setup for bank accounts for a supplier can also be setup from iSupplier portal
Using iSupplier Portal, suppliers can access their banking information and, if given the appropriate security privilege, make changes to the details. The buyer administrator can either approve the account or set the status to Verify. You can use the Verify status while you prenote the account or perform other activities for verifying an account with your bank.
You can find more details for supplier bank here.
Posted in Oracle Diagnostics, Oracle Payable | 1 Comment »
Posted on October 6th, 2008 by Sanjit Anand | Print This Post
| Email This Post
I have posted a number of previous notes defining and discussing Oracle diagnostics. This tool is enhanced because of new security model.Let's take a quick look on revisiting this utility.
Six reason why 'Everyone like Oracle Diagnostic'
Oracle E-Business Suite Diagnostics is a framework and a repository of diagnostic tests. These are six top reason why every one liked this product.
- This is shipped product within the box
- This is FREE ...
- This utility based out of common known problems
- Test Result with corrective actions information
- Available for most of the products
- You will get enough documentation on metalink.
Changes in R12.1
- Diagnostics now have role-based security
- Customizable security layer implemented using Role- Based Access Control (RBAC)
- The name got changed to "Oracle E-Business Suite Diagnostics" from 'Support Diagnostic Tools"
- The access is now taken care by Grant via Diagnostics Roles.
- 'Application Diagnostics' responsibility is new Navigational menu.
- Within new security model Sensitivity Levels is now being introduced which have three value 1,2,3.
- In other word Sensitivity is basically an attribute of the test that indicates the kind of data it is dealing with.
- Oracle Diagnostic is now a high performing tool coupled with Multi-threaded execution engine.
- Oracle Diagnostic have capability to includes Data masking.
- You can design your Custom roles based out of your business need.
- Oracle Diagnostic output is tagged with your SR, by passing SR number.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posted in Oracle Diagnostics | 1 Comment »