|Have you tried OracleappsHub in ipad/iphone/smart Phone? Don't wait. try it today|
So far Oracle FA is have all the good things except the lack on reporting.Oracle FA is now offer lot of public API's that can be used to interfacing with third party or Oracle application other modules. Here are some of transaction's API's:
if you have requirement to add assets directly via PL/SQL then use FA_ADDITION_PUB.DO_ADDITION.
If you have selected the Allow CIP Assets check box on the Book Controls window of a tax book when adding CIP assets using the Additions API, the this API automatically adds those CIP assets to that tax book at the same time that they are added to the corporate book.
you can make cost adjustments to your assetsdirectly via PL/SQL using FA_ADJUSTMENT_PUB.DO_ADJUSTMENT for any process adjustment. Detail can be found in appendix H)
- You can use this API if you have a custom interface that makes it difficult to use with the existing Oracle Assets interfaces for adjusting assets.
- You automatically adjust the asset to the corporate book, as well as to the dependent tax books.
- If you have set up Multiple Reporting Currencies (MRC), the API automatically adds these adjustments to the reporting books.
Use the FA_RECLASS_PUB.DO_RECLASS to make transfers similar to the asset workbench or mass transfers functions . You can get detail appendix V of user manual.
- You can use this API if you have a custom interface that makes it difficult to use with the existing interfaces in Oracle Assets.
- You can automatically reclassify assets in all the tax books that are associated with the corporate book where the reclassification originated.
- You can automatically reclassify assets to all of the reporting books when MRC is enabled and without generating any rounding issues.
FA_TRANSFER_PUB.DO_TRANSFER : You use this to make transfers similar to the asset workbench or mass transfers functions (detail can be found in appendix V)
FA_INV_XFR_PUB.DO_TRANSFER - you can make use this API to Invoice transfer from Oracle AP (detail can be found in appendix K)
- Use the Transfer API if you have a custom interface that makes it difficult to use with the existing asset transfer interfaces in Oracle Assets.
- When a transfer is performed in a Multiple Reporting Currencies (MRC) environment, the cost and reserve of assets are automatically transferred between distributions in reporting books as well as primary book.
If you have requirement to perform asset retirements and reinstatements, you can use the Retirement/Reinstatement APIs to add assets directly via PL/SQL instead of using the normal Oracle Assets interfaces.
- FA_RETIREMENT_PUB.DO_ RETIREMENT : use this for doing retirement transactions(detail can be found in appendix R)
- FA_RETIREMENT_PUB.UNDO_RETIREMENT : use this for doing retirement transactions(detail can be found in appendix R)
- FA_RETIREMENT_ PUB.DO_ REINSTATEMENT : use this for doing reinstate previous retirements (detail can be found in appendix R)
- FA_RETIREMENT_ PUB.UNDO_ REINSTATEMENT : use this for doing undo a previous reinstatement (detail can be found in appendix R)
- FA_RETIREMENT_ADJUSTMENT_PUB.DO_RETIREMENT_ADJUSTMENT : You can use to enter the cost of removal and proceeds of sale directly to the group asset (detail can be found in appendix P)
- FA_ASSET_DESC_PUB.UPDATE_RETIREMENT_DESC :use this to perform select changes to an existing retirement (detail can be found in appendix Q)
- Depreciation Rollback
You can use FA_DEPRN_ROLLBACK_PUB.DO_ROLLBACK perform rollback depreciation (detail can be found in appendix T)
The Rollback Depreciation API restores assets to their state prior to running depreciation.
- Unplanned depreciation
You can use FA_UNPLANNED_PUB.DO_UNPLANNED perform unplanned depreciation transactions (detail can be found in appendix X)
- Capitalize an asset
You can use FA_CIP_PUB.DO_CAPITALIZATION - detail can be found in appendix J
- Reverse capitalization of an asset
You can use FA_CIP_PUB.DO_REVERSE - detail can be found in appendix J
A unit adjustment is similar to a transfer, since you must update assignment information when you change the number of units for an asset.
FA_UNIT_ADJ_PUB.DO_UNIT_ADJUSTMENT - you can use to perform unit adjustments (details can be found in appendix W)
Asset deletion ( Limited in R12)
FA_DELETION_PUB.DO_DELETE - you use this API only available when the asset is not yet processed in subledger accounting. (details can be found in appendix L)
you can refer Release 12 FA Users Guide(file name = 120faug.pdf) or irep for getting more deatiled description for each API argument