Implementing DFF in Form consist of two steps Process. The first steps consist of designing the table structure and registration and step 2 consist of enabling in the form.
- Define DFF fields in the custom tables
ATTRIBUTE1â€¦ATTRIBUTE15 and ATTRIBUTE_CATEGORY are the normal fields used for DFF
- Register the table with Oracle AOL
- Register the DFF with Oracle AOL
For this you have to login into application with :
Application Developer -> Flex Field -> Descriptive -> Register
Then you should specify the name of the DFF (Say BTL_AR_DFF) and specify the associated table.
- Create DFF fields in the custom form
1. Create a form based on the custom table
- Copy TEMPLATE form has example descriptive flexfield which we can use
- Use the TEXT_ITEM_DESC_FLEX property class
- Attach ENABLE_LIST_LAMP_LOV for the field
2. Create a non-base table text item in the block with property class TEXT_ITEM_DESC_FLEX
3. Make sure that DFF is mapped to fields (ATTRIBUTE) of the table and is enabled.
- Next is to call Flexfield Routines to add DFF built-ins in the form to invoke DFF.
- This consist of these steps:
1. Write, a form level trigger WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE to invoke the DFF as
Block => 'Name of the DFF block',
Field => 'BTL_DFF',
Appl_short_name => 'AR',
Desc_flex_name => 'BTL_AR_DFF',
Title => 'BPL AR More Info' );
2. Write, block level triggers PRE-QUERY and POST-QUERY as
- FND_FLEX.EVENT('Pre-Update ');