|Have you tried OracleappsHub in ipad/iphone/smart Phone? Don't wait. try it today|
Here is note on one of most efficient tool used in Oracle application. It is Auto Invoice, most industry accepted tool in Oracle apps.
What is Auto Invoice??
Auto Invoice is a tool that can be used to import and validate transaction data from other financial systems from which one can create invoices, debit memos, credit memos, and on-account credits. It rejects transactions with invalid information to insure the integrity of the data.
Where its fits
This fits well with in Oracle ERP or to integrate with any third party application< ?xml:namespace prefix ="" o />
What Module data can be integrated?
Oracle Order Management
Oracle Project Accounting
To make fully functional what else required
Top 10 reasons for using Auto Invoice
1. Powerful Interface Tool
2. Supports Oracle & Non-Oracle Systems
3. Import Large Amount of Data
4. Calculate or Import Tax
5. Group Lines & Invoices
6. Online Error Correction
7 .Lines Validation
8. Derive GL Date
9 .Import Flex fields
10.Import or Derive Accounting Info
What is inside AutoInvoice
AutoInvoice is a tool consists of 3 main programs. Each program will have unique nature of work to do and they are called internally except Purge program whose execution is derived on the setup otherwise ready to execute stand alone.
§ Master (RAXMTR)
§ Import (RAXTRX)
§ Purge (RAXDEL)
1. Auto Invoice Master program RAXMTR
Selects and marks records in the interface tables to be processed based on the parameters the user entered and then calls the AutoInvoice Import program. Auto Invoice Master program has no report output.
•Gathers statistics, it means it gathers the stats on interface tables and set the stats on certain indices on interface tables
•Marks interface records for processing by marking request_id
•Submits multiple workers for Parallel Processing by creating instances for request.
2. Auto Invoice Import Program Validates the selected record and creates transaction if it passes validation. Any record that fails validation is left in the interface table with an error code. Depending on the setup, related records may be rejected as well. This program has an output file called Auto Invoice Execution report, which you can view by clicking the View Report button in the Requests window.
- Workhorse of Auto invoice
- Validates data
- Inserts records
- Deletes interface data
- Only when system option purge set to ‘Y’
3. Auto Invoice Purge Program Deletes records from the interface tables. If you set the Purge Interface Table system option to No in Define System Option window, Auto Invoice does not delete processed records from the interface tables after each run,and we must submit Auto Invoice Purge Program periodically to clean up the interface tables. This program only deletes transaction lines that have been successfully imported.
•Deletes all rows where interface_status =‘P’
How to start
As discussed above, oracle Receivable’s Auto Invoice program will be used to import and validate Invoices.
A custom feeder program is required to transfer data from the Advantage extract files and populate the Auto Invoice interface tables (RA_INTERFACE_LINES_ALL and RA_INTERFACE_DISTRIBUTIONS_ALL).If there is need to run populate sales credit into RA_INTERFACE_SALESCREDITS_ALL table.
When run, AutoInvoice produces the AutoInvoice Execution Report and the AutoInvoice Validation Report.
Any entries which failed validation can be reviewed in Oracle Receivables’ AutoInvoice Interface Exceptions window. Depending on the error, changes may need to be made in Receivables, the feeder program or the imported records in the interface tables.
How Autoinvoice Execution works
Normally, Auto Invoice can be divided into three major phases
- Pre-grouping: here the validates all of the line level data takes place
- Grouping: groups lines based on the grouping rules and validates header level data
- Transfer :validates information that exists in Receivables tables
What happen when Auto invoice run
Once the Auto invoice Program gets called, the following activity takes place is part of execution process. This can be analyzed by debug options.
Line, accounting, and sales credit information for each line populates 3 interface tables
Lines are ordered and grouped
Tax is calculated
GL date is determined
GL accounts are assigned using Auto Accounting
Tax, freight, commitments, and credit memos are linked to transaction lines
All transactions are batched
Validated lines are used to create the transaction
How Data is flowing
Select, insert and update and delete take place on certain tables once it is logged out.
AutoInvoice Exception Handling
Records that fail validation are called ‘Exceptions’
Exceptions stay in Interface Tables which is RA_INTERFACE_ERRORS_ALL
Errors can be corrected in the Exception Handling window
Once corrections are made, Auto invoice must be resubmitted
Records that pass validation get transferred to Receivables tables
AutoInvoice Exception Handling Windows
Interface Exception window displays exception messages associated with all invalid records
Interface Lines window displays records that fail validation, provides an error message and can be used to correct the errors
The Line Errors windows displays errors associated with a specific line, and can only be opened from Interface Lines window
Interface Exceptions window displays Interface Id, Exception Type, Error Message and Invalid Value associated to the error
Data cannot be edited in this window, but error can be viewed and corrected by clicking the Details button
Error Message and Column name with invalid data are displayed in the Message column, and the invalid value that needs to be corrected is displayed in the Invalid Value column
Next post, I would summarize more information for Transaction Flexfield,Grouping , profile options and parameter setting.