|Have you tried OracleappsHub in ipad/iphone/smart Phone? Don't wait. try it today|
AR Invoice API allows users to create an invoice using simple calls to PL/SQL functions. The Invoice Creation API is another options for Transaction creation does not mean replacement of Transaction workbench, AutoInvoice, or the Transaction API program.
With this API's you can manage
- Single or multiple invoice(s) creation when you required
- This will extensive defaulting which minimizes the programming effort
- Validation ensures quality data
- You can use debug messages in a central repository that improves coding efficiency
- You can get immediate results
How to start with API's Usage
Very similar to AutoInvoice , you need following setup.
- Payment Terms
- Invoice Transaction Type
- Transaction Batch Source
- Remit to Address
- Document Numbering
- Inventory or Memo line id
Additionally you need to make sure these should be used
dbms_application_info.set_client_info('&Org_id'); -- if using TOAD or sqlplus
What are the API'S
This API will have 2 routine call, which you can either create single/multiple in batch or single invoice.
- ar_invoice_api_pub.create_invoice: Creates multiple invoices in a batch.
- ar_invoice_api_pub.create_single_invoice: Creates a single invoice and return customer trx id.
Important Tips and notes
These API can only be used to create new transactions, not use for update existing ones.
This API can only create 'INV' type transactions. It is not desgined to create Debit Memos/credit memo.
When you load via the AR_INVOICE_API_PUB it populates the temp tables AR_TRX_HEADER_GT, AR_TRX_LINE_GT
The transaction number is populated when automatic transaction numbering is selected on the transaction batch source.
The Publically supported transaction API is AR_INVOICE_API_PUB have source file ARXPINVB.pls , ARXPINVS.pls.
You can take advantage of parameter p_commit, very similar way the HR API's are using. If you want to make just a validation, always start with p_commit=false
Autoinvoice Vs Transactions API
Its depends , what is comfortable level. Autoinvoice is one of such robust tool that cater the external interfacing need, therefore is always advisable to use an Interface as it is available.
- 11i Oracle Receivables API User Notes - PDF format
- R12 Oracle Receivables API User Notes - PDF format