Hey did you notice there is one thing that keep changing since last 2 releases ...the bank. We have seen there was once from pre 10.x to 11i when supplier bank separated from suppliers data and now its again in R12 when it become part of TCA.This time , because of changing business need and high demand of global partners working model. Not only your company is operating globally,your partner too operating global,then why not use them. In typical business cost model, if corporate office is using Citibank for payroll for USA operation then why not Citibank Singapore branch is used for payroll for Singapore if they are operating there. Sound bit low...why ..
As we aware the key message of R12 while release was .
- Think Globally - using business intelligence and analysis tools
- Work Globally - using the global capabilities of the applications
- Manage Globally - using the latest system architecture and middleware
so what , think globally and work globally is factor driving for the changes .This release have witness the great changes ever into the bank model. Now the bank accounts is attached to your legal entity level rather than Operating Unit in which current and existing versions Offers. This makes bank with strong capability to pay across operating units. More over its important to understand banks accounts can be shared by applications and can be designed for use by Payables, Receivables and Payroll.
What is new in R12 for Bank
These changes make easier and more reliable by
- Single access point
- Single Legal Entity ownership
- Usage rights granted to one or more Organizations
- Reconciliation option defined at Bank Account level
- More flexibility and control
Take a looks of some of the releases
Release 10.6 character/10.7 NCA to 11i
How 10.x supplier banks are mapped to 11i
- Bank Name
po_vendor_sites.bank_number => ap_bank_branches.bank_name
po_vendor_sites.bank_number => ap_bank_branches.bank_number
- Bank Number
po_vendor_sites.bank_num => ap_bank_branches.bank_num
po_vendor_sites.bank_num => ap_bank_branches.bank_branch_name
- Bank Account Name
po_vendor_sites_all.bank_account_name => ap_bank_accounts_all.bank_account_name
- Bank Account Number
po_vendor_sites_all.bank_account_num => ap_bank_accounts_all.bank_account_num
These are tables which hold the bank details irrespective of supplier or internal banks.
Comparing the 11i Vs R12
If we compare the bank with 11i vs R12, we can notice the bank was utilized into three different places , finance ,payroll and treasury, which requires altogether a different setup. It was one of the big issues with integration aspect, as significant problem was recognized once the Expense management and payroll uses same bank for the respective person.
There was a common question/confusion between the Integration Existence between Bank Data in Accounts Payable and Bank Data In Payroll ?
As discussed above , you know most of release of 11i family of oracle Application does not have integration between HR and AP for bank account data.
We have notice in 11i there was functionality in which Payables in which we will create an employee type supplier from HR data and it will contain name and address info but not bank information. The reason for this is that HR/Payroll does not store the bank information in a standard way that makes the integration possible.
So now r12 this was well taken care and integration is built. There are plans under way for all bank account data models in the various products to be consolidated in the new TCA architecture. The Cash Management team is working on this project. Payables and HR/Payroll are working so that the eventual idea will be that you can set up bank accounts in one place and then indicate the usage (pay, expense reimbursement, etc).
For understanding it is comparison between 11i and release 12 , where TCA community take cares of every things.
Release 12 , what is new than
Bank Accounts will be stored in a new table called CE_BANK_ACCOUNTS and will be located at a Bank Branch.
The new table which hold the bank information are as:
- CE_BANK_ACCOUNT:stores bank account attributes
- CE_BANK_ACCT_USES_ALL : This stores the bank account use attributes specific to Operating Unit (AR, AP) and Legal Entity (Treasury).
- CE_GL_ACCOUNTS_CCID :The accounting data pertaining to the bank account use will be stored in the table.
This new data model allows the bank and bank branch entities to be defined separately allowing users to establish a hierarchical relationship between them.
Missing link between Supplier And Supplier Banks?
You should know
- The link between PO_VENDORS and HZ_PARTIES is PO_VENDORS.party_id.
- The link between PO_VENDOR_SITES_ALL and HZ_PARTY_SITES is PO_VENDOR_SITES_ALL.party_site_id.
- When a Supplier is created Record will be Inserted in HZ_PARTIES. When the Supplier Site is created Record will be Inserted in HZ_PARTY_SITES. When Address is created it will be stored in HZ_LOCATIONS
- When a bank Is Created, the banking information will be stored in
IBY_EXT_BANK_ACCOUNTS IBY_EXT_BANK_ACCOUNTS.BANK_id = hz_paties.party_id
- When the Bank is assigned to Vendors then it will be updated in HZ_CODE_ASSIGNMENTS.
HZ_CODE_ASSIGNMENTS.owner_table_id = IBY_EXT_BANK_ACCOUNTS.branch_id.
Internal Bank Accounts & Supplier and Customer Bank Accounts in R12
Internal Bank Accounts
In Release 12, each internal bank account is assigned to a Legal Entity. Any or all operating units associated with that legal entity are permitted to use that bank account.
Supplier and Customer Bank Accounts
In Release 12 provides a centralized repository for suppliersâ€™ and customersâ€™ bank account and credit card information. All data is stored in one, secure place, providing shared service centers and collection departments consistent information that they need.
Any comment guys..