In Oracle supplier can be entered from three different place.These are the Setup required to perform for a suppliers.
- Supplier Accounts
- Term Date Basis
- Due Date Basis
- Invoice Currency
In Oracle these are the important features through the screen:
- Enter Suppliers
- Enter employees as Suppliers
- Merge duplicate Suppliers
Supplier Data Entry
- Classification Information (Significant for type and employee name)
- Parent subsidiary relationship
- Supplier bank information
- Appropriate GL accounts information
- Record tax information
- Hold conditions to supplier site (rather than on individual invoices)
and these are the optional field
- Tax payer ID
- VAT registration number
- Inactive date (to prevent invoice/PO entry after a certain date)
Important Table that holds supplier
- PO_VENDORS : this hold a suppliers information
Some important columns:
- SEGMENT1 â€“ SYSTEM GENERATED OR MANUALLY ENTERED NUMBER FOR SUPPLIER (PO_UNIQUE_IDENTIFIER_CONTROL)
- VENDOR_ID â€“ SYSTEM GENERATED UNIQUE NUMBER
- CREDIT STATUS â€“GOOD/POOR
- VENDOR_TYPE_LOOKUP_CODE â€“ VENDOR/EMPLOYEE (EMPLOYEE_ID)
- PO_VENDOR_SITES_ALL : This hold corresponding site information Contains Details of the site like Full Address/Work of site
and its link with vendor_id.Important columns includes:
- PURCHASING_SITE_FLAG, VENDOR_SITE_CODE, RFQ_ONLY_SITE_FLAG, PAY_SITE_FLAG,HOLD_ALL_PAYMENTS_FLAG, HOLD_FUTURE_PAYMENTS_FLAG, HOLD_UNMATCHED_INVOICES_FLAG
- PO_VENDOR_CONTACTS : This hold supplier contact information for respective sites.
How they connected
These are typically connected as:
Take a note Segment1 is holding suppliers Number.
Quick query for new babies
select * from po_vendors
where segment1 = '1001â€˜;
from po_vendor_sites pvs,
where pov.segment1 = '1001'
and pov.vendor_id = pvs.vendor_id;
from po_vendor_contacts pvc,
where pov.segment1 = '1001'
and pov.vendor_id = pvs.vendor_id
and pvs.VENDOR_SITE_ID = pvc.vendor_site_id;
Yes, that was one of the enhancement in oracle 11.5.10 release. Prior to that version, there was no interface or Public exist for supplliers, thus it was a tricky to handle supplier. As we have already seen AP availability of AP  some time back.
If you are having 11.5.10+ version,and if you have requirement to create supplier from your legacy data than use Supplier Interface, life will be easier. Is n't.
How we start
This consist in 2 steps process:
Step 1. Populate the new interface tables with data. This can be done via SQL*Loader or typically used to load data in a table.
Step 2. Run the Supplier Open Interface Request Set (FNDRSSUB1703)
Alternatively, run the individual import programs to load one table at a time
Supplier Open Interface Import (APXSUIMP)
Supplier Sites Open Interface Import (APXSSIMP)
Supplier Site Contacts Open Interface Import (APXSCIMP)
Some important notes for suppliers Interface
- When you load the data it should be 'NEW' initially. After the Supplier Sites Open Interface is run the status gets changed to PROCESSED'/'REJECTED'.
The entire flow can be shown as:
A Note with R12 for Suppliers
As we know in R12 Supplier is part of TCA , thus the link between PO_VENDORS and HZ_PARTIES is PO_VENDORS.party_id. The link between
PO_VENDOR_SITES_ALL and HZ_PARTY_SITES is PO_VENDOR_SITES_ALL.party_site_id.
When a Supplier is created Record will be Inserted in HZ_PARTIES. When the Supplier Site is created Record will be Inserted in HZ_PARTY_SITES. When Address is created it will be stored in HZ_LOCATIONS.