Concurrent program are the batch Processing Sub-System. These programs are run as operating system background processes.These programs may be written using a variety of Oracle tools, programming languages for executables, or OS scripts.
- The Internal Concurrent Manager (ICM) controls all other concurrent managers. It administers the startup and shutdown of managers as defined by their work shift, monitors for process failure, and cleans up if a failure occurs.
- The Conflict Resolution Manager (CRM) enforces rules designed to ensure that incompatible concurrent requests do not run in the same conflict domain.
- The Standard Manager as shipped with Oracle Applications will accept and run any concurrent requests.
Concurrent Manager - Tables
Here are the list of table assocaited with concurrent programs.
Table Content FND_CONCURRENT_REQUESTS Details of user requests, including status, start date, and completion date FND_CONCURRENT_PROGRAMS Details of concurrent programs, including execution method, whether the program is constrained, and whether it must be run alone FND_CONCURRENT_PROCESSES Cross-references between concurrent requests and queues, and a history of concurrent manager processes FND_CONCURRENT_QUEUES Information about each of the concurrent manager queues
Concurrent Request - Lifecycle
Here are summary for concurrent prgram phases in a typical lifecycle of concurrent program.
Phase Activity Pending / Normal The request is waiting to be run Pending / Standby The request is waiting at CRM Running / Normal The request is running Completed / Normal The request has finished Inactive / No Manager The request cannot be run. No manager available to process it.
Similar Post on Concurrent Program
- Output Post Processor – OPP – Troubleshooting 2 common issue
- Output Post Processor – OPP
- Beginner's Guide : Concurrent program/Manager output and log file- Part - IV
- Beginner's Guide : Understanding Concurrent Managers - Part - III
- Beginner's Guide : Administering Concurrent Program - Part - II
- Beginner's Guide : Administering Oracle Application - Part - I
- Know some of the concurrent managers
- Specialized / Dedicated Concurrent Managers (Enhancing Performance)