Oracle Asset Tracking is an asset lifecycle management application that provides tracking, visibility and control of dispersed assets for capital-intensive companies. Oracle Asset Tracking maximizes asset utilization and return on investment by automatically synchronizing the operational and physical events of assets with the financial updates in Oracle Assets.
With Oracle Asset Tracking, you can give users access to tracking information without allowing them access to sensitive processes related to assets and purchasing. You can also track inventory items after they have been installed and link financial transactions to the physical movement of equipment.
As part of the Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle Asset Tracking offers tight integration with other products to provide a comprehensive, reliable and efficient asset lifecycle tracking application. This enterprise-wide integration helps achieve a single source of truth for enterprise assets while reducing the total cost of ownership.
Oracle Asset Tracking (CSE) was a new product in 11.5.10, which integrates with Projects allowing for capitalization of individual items. "Oracle Asset Tracking" was previously known as "Oracle Enterprise Install Base". This application replaced the "Network Logistics" application and CRL functionality in Projects. Oracle Asset Tracking (SCE) is an add-on financial functionality based on transactions managed by Oracle Install Base (CSI).
Who need this
If you company Business goals are:
- Create single source of truth for all inventory and asset information
- Reduce Supply Chain Inventory unit Cost
- Streamline and automate entire ‘Acquire to Retire’ process
Then owning the OAT is considerable with following Business benifits.
Business Value of Oracle Asset Tracking
- Accurate and real-time visibility of inventory and assets lead to better forecasting
- Improved asset utilization and tracking
- Synchronized Operational and financial asset transactions provide improved fiscal and tax reporting.
- Integrated asset life cycle management provide fully auditable history of transactions (Movements, Maintenance, attribute updates)
Who needed Most
Great fit for Industries with large Asset base - such as Telcos, Financial Services, State and Local Gov’ts
Oracle Asset Tracking integrated with multiple 3rd Party and Oracle products
Functions Supported by Oracle Asset Tracking
This application supports the standard functions found in Oracle Inventory, Oracle Purchasing, Oracle Assets, and Oracle Projects enabled for CRL Financials.
Oracle Asset Tracking supports the following functions:
- Purchase order receipt of items into Inventory
- Purchase order receipt of items into operating projects
- Move orders to issue an item either to a project or directly to a field location
- Miscellaneous issue to a project or field location
- Miscellaneous receipt from a project or field location
- Installation and un-installation of equipment
- In-service/Out-of-service of equipment
- Subinventory transfers
- Inter-organization transfers
- Miscellaneous receipts and issues
- Placement of assets into or out of service
- Retirement and reinstatement of the partial or full cost of an asset
- Asset item moves and asset item transfers
- Physical counts
- Internal sales order shipment
Understanding OAT Integration
Oracle Asset Tracking is a tracking system that integrates with and stores information collected from Oracle Inventory, Oracle Purchasing, Oracle Projects, Oracle Assets, Oracle Payables, and Oracle Install Base. The application facilitates financials transactions based on physical movements of material and equipment, by each instance of such goods. Users can locate the goods instances anywhere in the system, on a warehouse sub inventory,installed in a complex system, or sent out to a project work site. In addition, Oracle Asset Tracking can provide a life-cycle history of all activity for that equipment.The data and information flow can be best understood as per fig 1 below:
Fig :1 - OAT Integration
Tracking Internal Products and Assets
The following diagram shows a summary of the Oracle application modules and the transactions associated with Oracle Asset Tracking.
Fig 2: Summary of Oracle Processes that Track Internal Products and Assets