This is yet another powerful tool in EBS to quickly new, changed, and completed Sales Orders or Returns from
- Legacy System
- EDI Gateway transactions
- Other EBS applications like purchasing, contracts etc
- Other front end applications (web based, 3rdparty )
Order Import Interface consists of Open Interface tables.
Order Import features include validation and defaulting, processing constraint checks, applying and releasing of order holds, scheduling of shipments, then ultimately inserting, updating or deleting the Orders in the base Order Management tables. Order Management checks all the data during the import process to ensure its validity within Order Management. Valid transactions are then converted into Orders with Lines, Reservations, Price Adjustments, and Sales Credits in the base Order Management tables.
Features of Order Import
- Have status of imported orders and Workflow
- use for Cancellation
- This update existing orders
- This importing closed orders
- This add customer
- This importing Price Adjustments
- this importing returns (referenced and non referenced)
- This is use Manual and Automatic Pricing
- This will do Price Comparison (with customer price)
- This also check Payment term comparison (with customer terms)
- Credit Checking , holds and releases
- Notes and attachments
- Validating data
- Defaulting rules
- Processing constraints
- Customer item number
- Corrections form
- Validate Only Mode
- Order Import Statistics Concurrent Program
Interface tables for Order Import
These are the steps associated in doing interfacing :
- Set up Order Source
- Populate data into interface tables for that source
- Run the order import concurrent request or Import using the corrections form
- Query the imported or updated order in Order Organizer
In any time if you encounter error you can use the Order Import Correction window to examine the Order and optionally correct data, if it fails the Import process. You can use the Error Message window to determine if your data failed to import.
Steps by step
Step 1 :Pre-Requisite setup
The following steps are prerequisites to importing Orders:
- You can set up every aspect of Order Management that you want to use with imported Orders, including Customers, Pricing, Items, and Bills.
- You can define and enable your Order Import sources using the Order Import Sources window.
- Determine if you should submit the Order Import Statistics concurrent program.
Before that , the following Profile Options must be set-up prior to importing Orders:
- OM: Item Validation Organization - Determines the Organization used for validating Items and Bills of Material structures.
- OM: Reservation Time Fence - This profile option controls automatic Reservations during scheduling.
- OM: Apply Automatic Attachments - This profile option determines whether Rule-based attachments are applied without user intervention.
Step 2 :Populate data into interface tables for that source
Importing Order Header Information into OE_HEADERS_IFACE_ALL Table
- Populate your data into table OE_HEADERS_IFACE_ALL which is a multi-org table for Sales Order Headers Open Interface.
- This table stores Order Header information that is imported from a feeder system into Oracle Order Management using Order Import
- A record has be inserted into Order Headers Interface table, for any operation on the Order. The orig_sys_document_ref column is referred when submitting the Order Import Concurrent program
Importing Order Lines Information into OE_LINES_IFACE_ALL Table
- Populate your data into table OE_LINES_IFACE_ALL which is a multi-org table for Sales Order Lines Open Interface.
- This table stores Order Lines information that is imported from a feeder system into Oracle Order Management using Order Import.
Importing Customer Information into OE_CUSTOMER_INFO_IFACE_ALL Table
Importing Customer related information is optional. Use this step, only if Customer Accounts / Contacts / Addresses need to be imported, while importing Orders into Oracle Applications.
- Populate your data into table OE_CUSTOMER_INFO_IFACE_ALL is used to add new Customer, its Address and Contact information.
- New Customer can be added by populating the required columns in this table, for that Customer new Address can be added, and for these new Account and Addresses, Contact information can also be added using this table
- If you are importing make sure parent_Customer_Ref must be populated in case the current record needs to be linked to a Parent Customer record.
- In case the Customer is a Person, columns First_Name, Last_Name, etc. must be populated for Customer_Info_Type_Code = ACCOUNT.
Importing Pricing Adjustments into OE_PRICE_ADJS_IFACE_ALL Table
Importing Pricing Adjustments is an optional .This should be included in Order Import, only if Price Adjustments need to be imported
- Populate your data into table OE_PRICE_ADJS_IFACE_ALL is a multi-org open interface table for Sales Order/Line Price Adjustments.
- This table stores Price Adjustment information that is imported from a feeder system into Oracle Order Management using Order Import.
Importing Pricing Attributes into OE_PRICE_ATTS_IFACE_ALL Table
Importing Pricing Attributes is an optional . Include this step, if Pricing Attributes need to be imported for the Order.
- Populate your data into table OE_PRICE_ATTS_IFACE_ALL .
- This Table stores Pricing Attributes information that is imported from a feeder system into Oracle Order Management using Order Import.
Importing Lot Serial Information into OE_LOTSERIALS_IFACE_ALL Table
Importing Lot Serials is an optional step. Include this step, only if Lots/Serial Number information needs to be imported for the Order.
- Populate your data into table OE_LOTSERIALS_IFACE_ALL table .
- This table used for Return Line Lot Serials Open Interface.
- This table stores Return Line Lot Serial information that is imported from a feeder system into Oracle Order Management using Order Import.
Importing Reservation Information into OE_RESERVTNS_IFACE_ALL Table
This is an optional step. Include this step, only if Reservation information needs to be imported for the Order.
- OE_RESERVTNS_IFACE_ALL need to be populated.
- This table stores Reservation details that need to be imported.
Importing Sales Credit Information into OE_CREDITS_IFACE_ALL Table
Importing Sales Credits is an optional . use this step, only if Sales Credits information needs to be imported for the Order.
- This is a multi-org table for Sales Order/Line Credits Open Interface.
- This table stores Sales Credits information that need to be imported.
Step 3 :Populate data into interface tables for that source
You can initiated by submitting a Order Import Concurrent program.
Navigate to Order Management Super User : Orders, Returns : Import Orders : Order Import Request.
This program have these parameters:
- Order Source : Choose a specific Order Import source that you have defined in step 1 which you setup via Order Import Sources window.
- Order References: You can enter the System Document Reference, if you want to run Order Import for a specific Order.
- Validate Only (Yes/No): Choose whether to validate only the data in the interface tables. If 'Yes', the Order will be validated, but not imported into the base Orders tables. The default value is 'No'.
If you are first timer , you can run the Order Import process in the Validation-only mode. This mode allows the transaction to be validated against all the Order ManWelcome to It's All In OrderIt's All In Orderagement Rules, but does not pass valid transactions to the base Order Management tables.
If you choose, you can run production transactions in Validation-only mode for a preview of exceptions. This will allow you to make necessary corrections to the transactions in the Order Import window, then choose the Validate button to perform a validation check.
The Validation-only mode may also facilitate testing of transactions through Order Import even in a production environment to take advantage of all the setup in the production environment.
Step 4 :Corrections to Imported Data from Order Import Corrections Window
If is needed if you stuck or encountered error in the concurrent program. Navigation would be
Navigate to Order Management Super User : Orders, Returns : Import Orders : Corrections .
If any corrections to the imported data are required, changes to the data can be done from the Corrections window. Once the required changes are made, the same window can be used to launch the Order Import Process again.
You can use the request id of step 3 and click on find button to view the corrections window.
Step 5 :Verify the Imported Order Information
Once the Order Import process has been completed successfully, the same can be verified with the following screens :
Navigate to Order Management Super User : Orders, Returns : Order Organizer.
In the Find window, enter values in Order Source and Order Source Reference fields.