In earlier post we have seen how Oracle Diagnotics tool makes life easy for everyone. Lets take some intresting stuff inside the tool.
Applications Collection Tool (ACT)
The Applications Collection Tool (ACT) is a test collecting information about apps technical environment and setup of a given product. This tool is executable via Oracle Diagnostics framework under the tab 'Advanced'. Oracle Diagnostics framework is launch able via OAM.
Many time you will get this message "No Groups have been registered for the Advance Test"? What is meant?
You get this message because there are no currently available diagnostics tools for that particular product. So you haven't missed any step... It is correct behavior. Information of all currently available diagnostics tools you can find in the Diagnostic Tests Catalog for E-Business Suite.
Is some things Changed from Security side?
Yes,from Jan-07 Support diagnostics (IZU) patch, diagnostics have now role-based security . It means:
- Is can be assigned to the current user belongs to one of the valid applications internally defined in the test.
- The Diagnostic Test available are specific to an EBS module.
- Each Module's test are organized into a group of related test called "test Group"
- These grouping are based on what the test scripts have in common from data security standpoint.
- By having the tests divided into groups, you are able to easily control access, these test groups have a 'sensitivity' assigned as:
- Role Diagnostic: roles determine the set of operations that can be performed on test groups, based on the sensitivity of the test group. The sensitivity of the test group (high, medium or low) is determined by the developer of the test. The diagnostic roles and tests authorized are as follows.
- Super User - User such as SYSADMIN and responsibility like CRM HTML Administration ,Has permission to execute tests, perform configuration, view reports and set up security
- Application Super User Medium/Low Sensitivity ,All applications - Has permission to execute tests, configure results and view reports Authorized applications - Has permission to execute tests, perform configuration, view reports, and set up security
- End User those with low Sensitivity , most of the applications has permission to execute tests and configure results.
- A particular user's access to the diagnostic test is determined by
- responsibly that he/she is accessing
- what role are granted to those responsibility
- If we take a example for BOM module, you will find 5 "test group" , which is listed as:
- items --Diagnostic test related to Items setup
- Item Categories---Diagnostic test related to Items Category setup
- Bills -Diagnostic test related to Bills
- Routings -Diagnostic test related to Routing
- ECOs -- Diagnostic test related to ECOs
- Data Collection - Diagnostic test related to data collection
When should go for Batch Processing?
This option is good when diagnostic test taking too long to execute.This option, located on the home page of the diagnostics framework, allows you to select one or more tests within one or more products for execution in batch mode. It means you can do setup for Period end Close setup in GL as well as Auto invoice setup in AR.
So, this is all about for the Oracle tools diagnostic capability. Now time for comment, question, clarification.:)